What do you eat for lunch?

Options
I'm fine with healthy eating for my breakfast, snacks and dinner but I'm always eating rather negative type of foods for lunch. So, I'd like to know what you all eat for lunch!

Danke.

Replies

• katm427
    katm427 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Right now, I'm making a grilled chicken sandwich for lunch. Usually, it's a can of tuna with reduced fat dressings, a lean cuisine, or grilled salmon.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    orowheat multigrain sandwich thins
    raspberry fruit spread
    almond butter..

some almonds and a peach...
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Had left over Coconut Breaded Chicken and a side of Garlic Potato's and Green Beans...
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    today - turkey chili
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I just ate raw mushrooms and yellow peppers with microwaved sweet potato then put it in a rap. For dessert I had pineapple tidbits. Was soooo yummy!
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    i had whole wheat pasta with a homemade lemon/butter garlic, fresh tomato n basil sauce....
  • karistrickler
    karistrickler Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I mix lowfat cottage cheese with a tuna fish packet and spread it on a piece of whole wheat toast. So good! If I have an avacado I place a couple slices on top.
  • sexybeautifulme
    sexybeautifulme Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    For lunch I often have this healthy quesadilla recipe courtesy of my weight management clinic:

Ingredients:

1 corn tortilla (0-1 gram of fat and not over 100 calories per serving)
    2 ½ oz fat free cheese, shredded or slices
    1 ½ cups total chopped lettuce, tomato & onion
    ¼ cup salsa
    1 Tablespoon fat free sour cream

Place cheese & salsa on tortilla, then heat in a non-stick pan until melted. Top tortilla with lettuce, tomato and onion. Dip fork in sour cream, then spear a bite of your quesadilla so you can get the taste with every bite.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    today I had baked chicken, brown rice and brocoli. Generally I have baked or grilled chicken and rice or some carb/starch and try for a veggie, too, if possible (leftovers).
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options
    I'm fine with healthy eating for my breakfast, snacks and dinner but I'm always eating rather negative type of foods for lunch. So, I'd like to know what you all eat for lunch!

Danke.

If you eat a healthy dinner, then just make extra and bring it for lunch the next day. Problem solved.
  • Caseyanna
    Options
    I had multi grain bagel thin, with tuna, toasted and right before it was done, I cut up one of my laughing cow cheese and put it on the bagel in the toaster oven. Delicious and surprisingly filling. I wish I was a veggie person!
  • MeanWeen80
    Options
    I usually eat a big bowl of romaine with all the veggies (peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes....) about 3-4 oz of lean protein (tuna, grilled chicken, etc) and a lowfat/low cal dressing of some sort.......
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    i like to have a sandwich with carrots, sometimes an apple, and 2 vitatop brownies (hahaha so good...)

for the sandwich, i use ezekiel bread, i guess it's really damn good for you?
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    3 fruits and a yogurt :) Lunch is actually my lightest meal of the day...I focus more on a big breakfast, have a snack after lunch, and then try to be healthy for dinner. :) BUT, one idea I loveeee is celery with pimento cheese!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Today I had home made gazpacho with cut up avocado and a side of lemon and pepper tuna.....YUM!
  • AlphaGoldenGirl
    Options
    Typically Taboulleh :) I get my Poly/Mono Fats/ Wholegrain Complex carbs/Proteins and veggies. Soooo good :) Cooking Light has a great recipe for it. That's my standby
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Usually leftovers from the night before... last night, not so much so my emergency lunch:

1/4 c. cous cous + 1/4 c. water (Hint - cous cous doesn't have to be heated to "cook", it just takes a teensy bit longer)
    3/4 c. frozen veggies (stir fry mix today)
    (usually 75-100 gr. of chicken tender, but we're out of pre-cooked ones so...)
    1-1/2 Tbsp peanut butter + 1/2 tsp Thai fish sauce + 1-1/2 tsp lite soy sauce - (instant peanut "sauce")
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Today it was lean sirlon steak on a salad wtih oil and vinegar dressing
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I live 5 miles from where I work so I often get to go home for lunch. I usually have grilled chicken breast on whole wheat and 8-10 Wheat Thins with a 40 cal fudgesicle to top it off. When I have to eat out it is similar, grilled chicken sandwich at Chick-fil-A, Wendy's, or where ever with a fruit cup or baked potato side. Subway has whole wheat bread subs of chicken, steak, etc. that are acceptable with sliced apples on the side. There are quite a few decent choices around if you give it some thought.
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    lemon pepper fish (lean cuisine) and tropical fruit in natural juices. I eat lean cuisine every day and some fruit, I know, I know BORING but the cafeteria at the hospital that I work at serves nothing but fried, with a side of fried. YUCK!!