Has anyone else done a fruit only diet????

Options
So currently I am eating only fruit for 3 days, any longer I feel is too much, but I just want to know if anyone else has done it, what were your results, did the weight stay off, how did you fight your cravings? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I'm confused... is this a cleanse of some sort? I can't imagine that would be healthy in any way... way too much sugar for one and where are you getting your protein?
  • perne11
    perne11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My dad and I did it for a week!

We used this time to try a lot of different and exotic fruits...we also ate Walnuts.

Would I do it again...maybe, for a day or two ( a week was too long)!
  • purnurple
    purnurple Posts: 102
    Options
    my sister did a veggie and fruit detox. she liked it. she said she didnt lose any weight but felt healthier. she had alot of both and it wasnt to loose weight so much as it was to be healthy.
  • alexlove31
    alexlove31 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've heard of fruit and veggie only as a detox but not only fruit, unless you were incorporating a healthy fat/protein with it such as nuts.
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    oh gosh no! i cant imagine what the TP bill looks like!:laugh:
  • shoniej
    shoniej Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    My husband and I did it 2 years ago. It was a fruit and protein shake cleanse. The weigh did NOT stay off and you feel horrible while doing it! I believe we did it for 4 days and lost 10 pounds each. I would not recommend doing it though!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I'm confused... is this a cleanse of some sort? I can't imagine that would be healthy in any way... way too much sugar for one and where are you getting your protein?

I agree about the protein concern, no weight loss that eats your muscle tissue is sustainable.

Now like someone else said I have heard (and done) a fruit & veggies detox. But they highly recommend eating nuts during this for protein, its still not as much protein as you need and if you have a nut allergy (like me and my mom) it gets a bit difficult! You could try protein shakes for meal replacements and eating only fruits and/or veggies with it and for snack, either way more fruits and veggies are a great natural way to detox your body and flush out excess sodium
  • perne11
    Options
    My dad and I did it as a detox (this past January). I did not weigh myself before or after, so I'm not sure if I lost anything.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I would be so hungry I'd gnaw my own foot off if I tried that.

You're missing a lot of essential nutrients eating only fruit, and especially protein.

I think only three days won't necessarily harm you, but I don't know if you will be able to make it. Good luck.
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    The body needs a balance of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats, and this is the reason I don't think a three-day fruit-only-fast would benefit you, or anybody else. There's one and only one true solution to weight-loss--burning more calories than you take into your body. A young woman has to program her mind and body to take in between 1200 to 1500 calories daily. Doing this for a week or two won't amount to anything. It's needed for life. It's not a diet when you're eating the amount of food you're supposed to eat.
  • GreenGettingLean
    GreenGettingLean Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I can't even go a whole morning eating just fruit - around 11AM I'd get light-headed and everyone would start looking like talking steaks. Seems like this would send your sugar intake through the roof as well. But hey, to each their own!
  • Jennical
    Jennical Posts: 219 Member
    Options

We used this time to try a lot of different and exotic fruits...we also ate Walnuts.

What resulted from this? What purpose did it serve?
  • perne11
    Options

What resulted from this? What purpose did it serve?

We did it to flush and detoxify our bodies.
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I've eaten nothing but fruit quite a few times, but I didn't do it for weight loss, so it wasn't a "diet". I have to say I think the whole worrying about protein thing is funny though. The last thing most people in most industrialized countries would die from is too little protein, especially if it's only for three day. (Besides, there is some protein in fruit and veggies too.) And I can't speak for everyone, but eating all fruit does not send my blood sugar through the roof. As a matter of fact, I was diagnosed as being "pre-diabetic" many years ago and changing my diet to one that was heavy on raw fruits and veggies with little or no meat is what turned it around. Haven't had blood sugar issues since. I don't think the same way of eating will work for everyone though. Some people may not do as well as I do on all fruits. As long as you don't have any health conditions that would preclude trying it, I can't see how it could hurt to do it for a day or two and see how you feel.