needing to feel full

Options
ok so i think my weight would come off a little better if i wasnt going over on my protein levels every day but protein is the only thing that will help fill me up without a lot of extra calories. (my diary is public if you woukld like an idea of how im doin) I know carbs would help but they carry more calories so it still doesnt satisfy me. I know i can have a whole lot of green veggies with very little calories but they just dont satisfy me and if they do it dont last long. Any suggestions??? anything.....im still hungry lol:ohwell:

Replies

• lb7970
    lb7970 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Your diary doesn't show as open. How much water are you drinking? Try adding some Benefiber to one of your drinks for the day. It doesn't have any flavor or funny texture.
  • Enchantica
    Enchantica Posts: 117
    Options
    Your diary isn't public :(
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Adjust your goals. Extra protein and less carbs (from what's pre-designated) is not a bad thing.
  • alittlebitofperil
    Options
    I find popcorn quite useful, if you amke it yourself, replace butter with something like Benecol buttery taste spread, or air-pop it, it's really low in calories and I find a small bowl is really good for keeping me going until the next meal, or if I'm hungry later on in the evening. Don't want to go to bed hungry!
  • starting0vern09
    starting0vern09 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    ok guys sry i thought my diary was. *blonde moment* lol it is now and thanks for the suggestions so far
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Ok so as far as protein goes, if you are working out and doing weight training too you can HEALTHILY ingest .7-1.0 grams of protein per lb you currently weigh. Protein is the best way to sustain fullness because it takes longer to digest. A good way to get healthier carbs that fill you is to incorporate rice, brown rice being the highest in fiber, into your meals. Feel free to check out my diary, I made a home made Chipotle style taco bowl for lunch today and Im amazingly full right now, rice also has a tendency to expand further in your stomach, the fiber takes longer to digest and it keeps you more regular. you can also sautee veggies with some chicken over rice with a little soy sauc (choose a low-sodium variety) and that will help if you have a hard time eating certain vegetables. (A high calorie higher sodium but oh-so-tasty version involves teryaki sauce but masks vegetables better) Also whole high-fiber fruits keep you full.

I tried to check your diary but it doesnt seem to be open to the public (atleast not yet)

You could also look into a fiber supplement, but those can cause bloating as you adjust to them. Increasing fiber in your diet at all can cause bloating if you dont do it slowly, just drink lots more water :)
  • leslyta
    leslyta Posts: 70
    Options
    try eating grilled chicken.. and raw veggies not cooked or steamed.. Every time you feel hungry, have an apple, orange, or a salad!! grilled fish or tuna help.. You may not feel full, just like I feel the need to have rice everyday bc I grew up eating everyday.. So what I do is try to eat just a small amt of rice to feel like I've actually had lunch or something to eat and then try to have veggies and fruits for the rest of the day!!
  • stallingsbelinda
    stallingsbelinda Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    IF YOU LIKE TO EAT A LOT OF MEAT TO STAY FULL YOU MIGHT BENEFIT FROM SOMERSIZING!! I LOST 45 POUNDS ON IT!!! IT IS A WONDERFUL WAY TO LOSE WEIGHT. YOU CAN BUY HER BOOK AT BARNES AND NOBLE OR YOU CAN GO TO YOUR LOCAL LIBRARY AND CHECK IT OUT!!! IT SEEMS HARD TO BELIEVE AT FIRST, BUT ONCE YOU START LOSING THE WEIGHT WHILE STILL ENJOYING WONDERFUL FOOD, YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of protein as well and still lose but I monitor my carbs....i eat lean meats, veggies, fruits, and add protein shakes.....the whey kind I make myself to monitor whats in it and it keeps me full.