My new HRM

Options
I don't know... but I fear my new HRM might be a piece of useless junk.

I don't believe in coincidence but Sunday I did 45 minutes of Jillian Michael's ultimatum with a mix of different events most of which was jogging in place and the calories burned on my HRM was 301. Today I did 30 minutes of Free Run on my Wii Fit and tried to vary my pace to see if what the HRM did. It seemed a little irratic at first starting low 44 then going to 168 then settlilng around 120 ish (that is when I pushed it up to 138ish. Guess what the calories burned read! 301???!!!

What do you guys think... I made sure it was stuck to my skin correctly and there isn't another HRM within 6 feet??? I don't think my Wii is disrupting it??? I think maybe I should take it back? Get a Polar?:angry:

Replies

• amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I don't know... but I fear my new HRM might be a piece of useless junk.

I don't believe in coincidence but Sunday I did 45 minutes of Jillian Michael's ultimatum with a mix of different events most of which was jogging in place and the calories burned on my HRM was 301. Today I did 30 minutes of Free Run on my Wii Fit and tried to vary my pace to see if what the HRM did. It seemed a little irratic at first starting low 44 then going to 168 then settlilng around 120 ish (that is when I pushed it up to 138ish. Guess what the calories burned read! 301???!!!

What do you guys think... I made sure it was stuck to my skin correctly and there isn't another HRM within 6 feet??? I don't think my Wii is disrupting it??? I think maybe I should take it back? Get a Polar?:angry:
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    PS should I go with the 301 calories my HRM said or go with the 255? calories MyFitnessPal says???
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Go with the lower number always. Be conservative with the values.