UGH!!!

Options
I just got home from Target... I went there to buy a scale...and guess what??? It's worse than I had thought!! I was guessing that I weighed 260 lbs....but I weight 266.6 lbs!!!! I know its only 6 more pounds than I had thought....but still.... Ugh... I am so depressed now....:sad:

Replies

• MissMe9669
    Options
    I just got home from Target... I went there to buy a scale...and guess what??? It's worse than I had thought!! I was guessing that I weighed 260 lbs....but I weight 266.6 lbs!!!! I know its only 6 more pounds than I had thought....but still.... Ugh... I am so depressed now....:sad:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Don't let it get you down. Keep focused and move on. It could be water. You will be fine:flowerforyou:
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    OK….sit down and take a deep breath. I know this is upsetting to you but don’t let it get you down. You will lose the weight and you will be just fine. Take it day at a time hun.
    Don’t be depressed just have a talk with yourself and work on getting the pounds down.
    You can do it and we are here for you. You are not alone.
    Hugs
    Loretta :flowerforyou:
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    Sweetie go read my bio and look at my before and after pictures. If I can do it so can you. I have faith in you. We will work on this together. :flowerforyou:
  • MissMe9669
    Options
    Awww... thank you girls!! It feels good to know that there really are people that care... :flowerforyou:

I just wish I didn't have a messed up back... it would make all of this so much easier....:ohwell:
  • whitmer23
    Options
    Keep focused and think positive. A good indicator of progress is how your clothes fit. The more you workout, the more muscle you are building and sculpting your entire body to look and feel great!!!!!

:smile:
  • Patwin55
    Patwin55 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I think I bought that same scale! White, and it beeps when you turn it on and stand on it? I really like it because it is accurate. Sometimes the truth hurts, but it is better to know than not know. Just remember, you are beautiful! It took guts to put your picture on; I haven't had the nerve to do that yet. But you are a gorgeous human being, and if you really want to lose it, you can! Hang in there; it's okay! And don't forget to celebrate yourself, body and mind!
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    Awww... thank you girls!! It feels good to know that there really are people that care... :flowerforyou:

I just wish I didn't have a messed up back... it would make all of this so much easier....:ohwell:

I have a very bad back. That is why I was in the wheel chair. My joints just would not carry all that weight around. It just hurt way too badly.

Hang in there hun you will lose the weight. You can do it ! :flowerforyou:
  • rockymtnguy
    Options
    Excellent advise and support by all. Sounds like your headed in the right direction, just like all goals in our lives. One day at a time. Good luck and best wishes to you.
  • Cupper1
    Options
    I know how you feel. I even closed my eyes when I had to get onto the scale at the doctors the other day. However, I finally broke down and bought a scale. I figured if I am going to do this and I AM. Think about it this way the weight we are today is just the starting point; someday we will be able to say "Look at how much I have lost !!)

Let's just keep trying and we will get there!

Cupper1
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    There are days I would LOVE to shoot my scales. There are even days when I want to cry and cuss instead. It happens. We just keep on keeping on and we will get there.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. When I began I had no idea how heavy I was. It was quite an eye opener for me. You can do this. Don't let it get you down.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Hey, at least you were in the ball park. You could have thought 260 and actually been 280. Just keep improving food and exercise and you will start to loose and feel great! Don't get to obsessed with the scale, it can take over your life. Take your measurements too because you might find the weight comes off slow but your measurements improve because you are exercising. I do my measurements once a month, on the first monday.

You will do this!