What has worked for your last twenty lbs?

Options
2»

Replies

• llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    When I still had around 10 pounds to lose I set my goal to a half pound a week, began eating back 100% of my exercise calories (ate back 2/3rds before), and began the Couch to 5K program. Worked like a charm. I'm now a graduate of C25 and have reached my goal weight without ever hitting a plateau.

Running is great exercise, but I think the important thing was that I challenged my body in the home stretch in a way it wasn't used to. I hadn't run more than a few yards in 40 years.

Edited to add because I forgot it earlier: If you aren't strength training you might want to start. That's how I broke through a slowing of my progress when I still had around 25 pounds to lose.
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thanks for all the info, folks!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    I lost thirty five pounds last year. I maintained my weight loss through my first year of law school, then gained four pounds while out of state for six weeks, then lost the four pounds. I have 22 pounds to lose to get to my goal weight. So my question is - for those of you who lost weight then had to get that LAST 15-20 pounds off, what worked for you? I lost the first 35 fairly easily, but now the rest will not budge.

Food scale + eating back exercise Cals + no cheat days (kinda)