New here with a goal to reach before meeting the future in-l

Options
I've struggled with my weight for about 7 years now. The stress that came with college didn't help my body either. The "freshmen fifteen" was an understatement, it turned out to be more like "freshmen forty-five." I've reached a point where I no longer want to hate my body but embrace it. I would love my body even more if I was healthy and strong. I'm here to get some support and motivation while giving it back where I can. I hope to reach my weight loss goal before a nerve racking trip to Morocco next summer to meet my future in-laws. I'm nervous enough to meet them and it will go better without the added pressure from my weight.

Here is to making goals and reaching them with motivation!

Replies

• KatherineVictoria
    Options
    We both suffered that "freshman 45". Feel free to add me as a friend! Seems like we might have some similar goals and could be positive motivators for each other :)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • jess9897
    jess9897 Posts: 30
    Options
    I totally understand that dreaded college weight! I have some as well! Feel free to add me if you are looking for support and motivation! Welcome and good luck!
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I too am a sufferer of the freshman "45" :(
  • av8rblond
    av8rblond Posts: 140
    Options
    Welcome to MFP..this site is fabulous for your good days and your bad days.

Always friends to cheer you on!
  • writinmama
    Options
    Welcome and understand about the freshman 45....lol. I'm still trying to lose it and my college days were nearly 9 years ago. I love this site, and it's a great way to find friends and motivation!