Options
    This made my day!
  • Bella3119
    Options
    Can I come too???? <pouty face>:blushing:
  • ViSabbi
    ViSabbi Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm soooo absolutely in! Gonna print myself a map and get on my way! My BF will find me so geeky to see that map, huge, on my wall :D
  • ViSabbi
    ViSabbi Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I've been looking in the group section and I realized that there's no group?! Is there one that I don't see or else I think we should create one! I'm heading to work soon but if nobody starts one, I will as soon as I can today. If there's one, please send me an invite or message me the link! Thanks!
  • Nerdybookgirl
    Nerdybookgirl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have an idea. An idea that has been done several times before, I'm sure. But I don't care, because it sounds fun. I'm walking from The Shire to Mordor, just because it sounds cool :) and dude, it is like 1100 miles, 1560 if you go the way Frodo and Sam went. That's a pretty dang good workout, I'd say! I just wanted to let you guys know, so you can join me or make fun of me or whatever. Feel free to add me :D and join me in my journey if you'd like :)

That's AWESOME! Mad nerd props to you! sign me up. I need a pedometer!
  • Amber_Kunkel
    Options
    I'm game! :bigsmile:
  • Christina_3192
    Christina_3192 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    This thread is amazing!!!!

everyone beat me to the "one does not simply walk into mordor"

LOTR is awesome, i may need to try this!!
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    This is the best idea ever.
  • kittycarson
    Options
    I'll go with...I will be the Samwise to your Frodo.....OR WOULD YOU RATHER BE SAMWISE....hahaha.
  • chocciechip
    chocciechip Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    omg this is amazing !! I want to start now
  • Amber_Kunkel
    Options
    Are we in under group or just posting everything on here?
  • muffyjog
    Options
    I'm loving this. What a fantastic idea. I may join you on the walk back to the shire. Feels like I've been a drudge in Mordor for a long time and the shire sounds like an excellent destination.
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Awesome thread!

I'll try to catch you guys up... if I count my two lunchtime walks (yesterday and today) I'm only 2 miles in, so I'm still following the hedgerows :happy:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    70 mi. in
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Just found this! Amazing idea!!

I've checked out the website, and decided to do The Hobbit walk in honor of the movie coming out this year. Plus I really like doing things in order. Using the Nike+/Runkeeper apps I've used on my walks so far this year, I've got a total of 29.24 miles.

That translates to "Continue east on the Road at a leisurely pace" on Day 3.

I expect it to take 3 months to finish the Bag End to Rivendell trip (397 miles). I walk about 5 miles per trip, and it'll take 80 to get the miles. This definitely puts the walk in another perspective!
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I have an idea. An idea that has been done several times before, I'm sure. But I don't care, because it sounds fun. I'm walking from The Shire to Mordor, just because it sounds cool :) and dude, it is like 1100 miles, 1560 if you go the way Frodo and Sam went. That's a pretty dang good workout, I'd say! I just wanted to let you guys know, so you can join me or make fun of me or whatever. Feel free to add me :D and join me in my journey if you'd like :)

This thrills me down to the depths of my geeky soul.
    I am in!