Best Brand Dark Chocolate?!

Options
Hi everyone!! I have been curious lately given the fact I am a chocoholic and want to get a healthy but tasty dark chocolate. What have you tried and which are your faves. If ya know the percentage of cacao please add that too! Thanks!! Good luck and here's :drinker: to all of us kicking off some booty!! <3

Replies

• tandroes
    tandroes Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    i get the dove dark chocolates... they are in a red bag... i think they are called silky promises or something like that... they are so good and i only eat one or two and just take tiny bites and suck on them and they satisfy my chocolate needs :)
  • BeverageTreats
    BeverageTreats Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I like Alter Eco Organic Fair Trade Dark Chocolate Blackout 85%. It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea though. It is NOT real sweet.
  • shagybear33
    Options
    I love Lindt Excellence Madagascar Dark Chocolate. 65% cocoa. :D
  • Annalisa419
    Annalisa419 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love Harry & David dark chocolate truffles (a slight part of the reason why I'm trying to loose weight is because I worked there for five years and we sampled them all the time!). I've been a chocolate snob every since trying them. Won't even touch See's any longer, blech! :-)
  • sarahhnash
    Options
    Green and blacks. They do a whole bunch of flavours - Mayan, extra dark, chocolate with pieces of cherry or ginger in... Delicious! It's located with the organic/ natural produce in my local store :)
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i love dark chocolate protein mix......i wont feel guilty when i eat it haha because at least i am getting protein
  • KMSForLife
    KMSForLife Posts: 605
    Options
    I haven't had several different brands but I am perfectly content with Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate - 1 fun size per day :)
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Dagoba, Green and Black, and Endangered Species bars! One Endangered Species bar comes with espresso beans in it....mmm. All of them are over 70% cacao, which I read in a "raw food" book is the ideal ratio. All are available at Whole Foods and don't come cheap, but reserving my chocolate splurges for the expensive stuff makes it SOOOO much better!
  • NurseLocke
    NurseLocke Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Lindt Dark Chocolate or Lindt Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt - Dove Promises are fantastic as well! The Lindt chocolate is 70% cocoa.
  • theresamommyof4
    theresamommyof4 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Dove... these are by far my favorite :) Lindt is a second runner up.
  • mpf1
    mpf1 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Jello Dark Chocolate Pudding; Adora Dark Choc Calcium supplements (about the same calories as a kiss, but has calcium;

Not dark but still great: Diet Hot Cocoa; Sugar Free Fudgsicles
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Endangered Species brand. My favorite is Black Panther - 88%. Not for everyone. The less sugar, fat and salt you eat, the more you taste the actual food - so you're more likely to enjoy really dark chocolate if you eat pretty cleanly.
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Godiva +mmmmmmmm
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    For dark chocolate candy I like Lindt's 60% Extra Dark truffles. As long as you limit yourself to 1-2 of them, it works well. I also like most of the lindt bars that are 72% or lower. Green and Black, Chocolove, and Ghiradelli also makes excellent dark chocolate in all sorts of yummy flavors. I love dark chocolate as long as it isn't over 72% (it gets bitter to me if it's darker than that).
  • MiladyMetal
    MiladyMetal Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    For dark chocolate candy I like Lindt's 60% Extra Dark truffles. As long as you limit yourself to 1-2 of them, it works well. I also like most of the lindt bars that are 72% or lower. Green and Black, Chocolove, and Ghiradelli also makes excellent dark chocolate in all sorts of yummy flavors. I love dark chocolate as long as it isn't over 72% (it gets bitter to me if it's darker than that).
    yeah I have heard that after about 70 something percent it is much stronger. Now I was always a milk chocolate girl but lately I have seen the error of my ways so to speak. ;p I think I am just gonna go on a chocolate quest and I will post the various ones I have tried here. I agree with the other poster that said if you eat more cleanly the intense bitterness won't put you off and you can taste the chocolate more naturally. I am going to try one tonight I'll let you all know how it goes! ;) Thanks everyone for the awesome suggestions and feedback! I can live without many things but my friends chocolate is NOT one of them! XD
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    i love dark chocolate protein mix......i wont feel guilty when i eat it haha because at least i am getting protein

Where did you find the dark chocolate protein powder? Sounds yum
  • MiladyMetal
    Options
    Endangered Species brand. My favorite is Black Panther - 88%. Not for everyone. The less sugar, fat and salt you eat, the more you taste the actual food - so you're more likely to enjoy really dark chocolate if you eat pretty cleanly.
    I have also heard that a little bit of salt brings out the flavor. I wonder if that is actually factual though.
  • MiladyMetal
    Options
    Dagoba, Green and Black, and Endangered Species bars! One Endangered Species bar comes with espresso beans in it....mmm. All of them are over 70% cacao, which I read in a "raw food" book is the ideal ratio. All are available at Whole Foods and don't come cheap, but reserving my chocolate splurges for the expensive stuff makes it SOOOO much better!
    I think my local supermarket has green and black, at least I believe I have seen those there before. Not sure about the other two though. Oh and btw I totally agree it is well worth the splurge!! :bigsmile:
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Chocolove 72% dark; I read somewhere online (no idea where) that it was rated the best tasting plain dark chocolate. The very day I read that I happened to be in a checkout line with bars right in front of me and I picked one up. They are divine!!!

I second Green & Black, here in VT we have Lake Champlain Chocolate, and they put out some really yummy stuff.
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Any dark chocolate from Chocolove is incredible, I second that recommendation!