NEED TO STOP EATING?? Try this appetizing tidbit.

Options
My new idea for gauging hunger seems to help and I thought I'd pass it along!

Start with a 10 scale. Gauge your how hungry you are on that scale. I don't want to get above a 4.

HUNGER SCALE

1= Not one bit hungry

2= Drink of water satisifies me

3= Comfortable... but if you waived a cupcake in front of my face... I'd eat it.

4= The thought of food is starting to envelope my thoughts.

5= My stomach is starting to grumble - I need food.

6= Really Food Network? What you are making JUST so happens to be what I want.

7= "Lay off me I'm starving!"

8= I want to devour anything quick and easy. Quick/Easy=Crap

9= Remember the cupcake from #3? I'd probably tackle you for it, then lick your fingers when I was done with mine.

10=So hungry, I would eat the *kitten* out of a dead horse.

Next, rate your satiety as your eating. After your first bite, rate your hunger. A few bites in, rate it again. The more I eat, the more it doesn't taste as good as it originally sounded. I have left food on my plate for the first time.... well, ever... since starting to do this.

What do you do to help control your hunger??

Replies

• JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    Thanks for this! :) I'm sure this will help on weekends when I tend to slip a little.
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Umm I don't know how I stop myself but that was probably one of the most accurate and most HILARIOUS!! Things I have read today! Thanks for sharing :) Congrats on leaving food on your plate more will power than me I just have to put less on my plate and not go back for seconds I think that is how I stop myself.
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I take that back if I go and eat out at a restaurant I immediately cut all my food in half then eat :)
  • JessPaul93016
    JessPaul93016 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    OMG I love #9!!! LMAO!! :laugh: Thanks for the advice and the laugh.