knee pain - should I be as worried as I am??

Options
I am looking for some thoughts/support/advice - Yesterday I was working out doing lifting(legs) and afterwards I felt like my legs were more tired than normal. Today while walking around my office I noticed some pain in the inside of my left knee when I turned corners. I tried working out after work today and it wasn't really bothering me during but still when I turn corners I can feel a slight twinge. When I got out of my car after the gym it got really stiff and sore - now I have ice on it.

I am freaking out because I have never really had knee pain, and I don't know what to do. I have been putting a lot into my workouts over the past couple weeks and even doing 2 two-a-days during the week. Maybe I am just over doing it and its my body's way of telling me to slow down, but I am prone to natural panic so maybe it's nothing but what if something is wrong? I have been doing sooo well and I don't want anything to get in the way of that, but I am also afraid of what a doctor will say...

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Replies

• Green_Eyed_Girl88
    Green_Eyed_Girl88 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I would lighten up on your workouts and see if the pain goes away but If it keeps up over the next day or two i would call your doctor. The same happened to me and after a week I found out I tore my ACL. That was in Feb, surgery in March and still recovering..BUT I still managed to lose 50lbs through it all....so dont worry too much..just enough that your doing whats best for your body :) Good Luck!
  • jhungate
    jhungate Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Depends on the pain, stiffness or sharp pain, etc. Ice and ibuprofen right after a workout, make sure you are stretching and cooling down properly. Hot shower or moist heat before you go to bed. Back off on your workouts for a couple of days and see how it feels.
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Ice and heat rotations of 20 minutes and relax that knee do not push it any further til it's better...
  • gfergus1
    gfergus1 Posts: 17
    Options
    You might have pulled something, if you have been doing new exercises you might not be in the correct position when you do them. You might want to meet with a trainer to make sure so you can avoid injury. If the pain persists for more than a day or two, you should definitely see a doctor.
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You might be over doing it.. 2 a days sounds like alot. Some thoughts. Make sure you are stretching. Ice (20 minutes on, 20 minutes off) , cut back on weight that you are lifting to see how you feel, if it persists, doctor..

Hang in.