First Success of many to come

Options
Just wanted to share this with every one.

Last Monday ended our Biggest Loser Competition we had in our office. I tied for first place with another co-worker...we both lost 25lbs in 8 weeks! I was truely amazed at how well we did (as well as the other competitors)

When this compeition first started I weighed in at my heaviest, I was pushing a size 30/32, and I felt like crap overall. Always tired, no energy, and to top things off, my joints were killing me. (Not good for someone who is only 21) So I joined MFP for support and to journal my food and feelings. I figured when I was having a rough day I would come here and read success stroies, motivation stories, and tips...which I did, and they helped. It made me believe that no matter your size you could lose weight, and do it without pills, or crash dieting. All it took was some determination, excercise and portion control and better food choices.

8 weeks (well 9 now) later and I have dropped 25lbs...my face is smaller...(thank god that double chin is going away!) and my stomach has started to shrink. I am now in between a size 26/28 and a 22/24, and have lost 14.5 inches off my body. I'm not as tired at night anymore and my body hasn't ached in weeks. Oh! and I haven't had any episodes of heartburn anymore. I still have quite a ways to go before I reach my true goal, but I wanted to share and say thanks for all the help and support I have receieved from MFP.

Continued succes to all,
~Bri

94811.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal

Replies

• beanface25
    Options
    Just wanted to share this with every one.

Last Monday ended our Biggest Loser Competition we had in our office. I tied for first place with another co-worker...we both lost 25lbs in 8 weeks! I was truely amazed at how well we did (as well as the other competitors)

When this compeition first started I weighed in at my heaviest, I was pushing a size 30/32, and I felt like crap overall. Always tired, no energy, and to top things off, my joints were killing me. (Not good for someone who is only 21) So I joined MFP for support and to journal my food and feelings. I figured when I was having a rough day I would come here and read success stroies, motivation stories, and tips...which I did, and they helped. It made me believe that no matter your size you could lose weight, and do it without pills, or crash dieting. All it took was some determination, excercise and portion control and better food choices.

8 weeks (well 9 now) later and I have dropped 25lbs...my face is smaller...(thank god that double chin is going away!) and my stomach has started to shrink. I am now in between a size 26/28 and a 22/24, and have lost 14.5 inches off my body. I'm not as tired at night anymore and my body hasn't ached in weeks. Oh! and I haven't had any episodes of heartburn anymore. I still have quite a ways to go before I reach my true goal, but I wanted to share and say thanks for all the help and support I have receieved from MFP.

Continued succes to all,
    ~Bri

94811.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
  • Hanna1983
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Well done! That's awesome!

Keep going, I wish you all the best with reaching your goal.

Hanna
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Yayyyy!!!!!!!!!! That's awesome!!! Keep on rockin', bean!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • altazin0907
    altazin0907 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful, congrats on your success:flowerforyou:
  • ranaelynn
    ranaelynn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

way to go!
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: GREAT job!! You are on your way!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • jlwhelan1
    Options
    Woot! Very nice! Keep up the good work!

Great job.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!