I did it

Options
HONK!
That is me tooting my own horn.
I passed my oral preliminary exam a week ago today. I am now officially a Ph.D. candidate, (two and a half more years of research / writing to go.)
I did this while getting back on the exercise bandwagon, I've been going to the gym three-five days a week the last two months and bike commuting. And watching what I eat.
I did this while my DH is going through some tough times with depression - that was / is tough.
I did this while my son who has some special needs - had some extra needs...and he does.
I did this while helping my daughter through her own challenges.
I did this while fighting my own inner battles of am I smart enough, do I have the drive...do I even care anymore.
I didn't lose any weight - but I did gain muscle tone during the last two months.

So. I did it.

Whew...can I sleep now? :wink:

Replies

• jlwhelan1
    Options
    HONK!
    That is me tooting my own horn.
    I passed my oral preliminary exam a week ago today. I am now officially a Ph.D. candidate, (two and a half more years of research / writing to go.)
    I did this while getting back on the exercise bandwagon, I've been going to the gym three-five days a week the last two months and bike commuting. And watching what I eat.
    I did this while my DH is going through some tough times with depression - that was / is tough.
    I did this while my son who has some special needs - had some extra needs...and he does.
    I did this while helping my daughter through her own challenges.
    I did this while fighting my own inner battles of am I smart enough, do I have the drive...do I even care anymore.
    I didn't lose any weight - but I did gain muscle tone during the last two months.

So. I did it.

Whew...can I sleep now? :wink:
  • fjones0021
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND KEEP YOUR WILL POWER GOING!

YOUR A STRONG PERSON!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jlwhelan1
    Options
    Thanks, fjones0021,

It has been a very very long hard journey.
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    What a huge success!!! Congrats. Grad school was my least glamerous time in my life, so makes me nervous about the next step, but always thinking about it. People like you inspire me! Congrats and enjoy your holiday!
  • jlwhelan1
    Options
    Thanks kak1018,

I didn't even go to college until my children were born and I was in my 30's and I discovered that I needed some mental stimulation....I thought I'd get an associates degree. LOL. I did get an associates degree that I'm very proud of.....but then I kept going. It is never too late. You will do it when the time is right for you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!