Anyone start C25K today?

Options
How did you do? I'm starting off on the treadmill. I think i'm going to do week 1 on the treadmill, then week 1 on the street, then week 2 on the treadmill then week 2 on the treadmill. Then I'll see how I'm doing. I only have until Thanksgiving to have an opportunity to run on the street, so I gotta try to get far enough on the program that I'm comfortable. I've started C25K four times now. The first two times I didn't even finish the first day. So the third time I started on the treadmill, pushed through it...and managed to finish the firs week. Then I did two weeks of physical training so I put C25K on hold and now I'm back on! I follow up with my physical therapist on Wednesday and no matter what I'm going to keep going on C25K.

Replies

• monkeybusiness2806
    Options
    I started last week, it was my second attempt at it. It went way better then the last time I tried. I did the runs outside (early in the morning to beat the heat!)
  • kerr2010
    kerr2010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I just started this today. I have know about it for some time, but have never attempted it. I have never really enjoyed running, but I have always been envious of those who love it and do it well. I really would love to run a 5K at the end of October. I did w1/d1 outside on a trail near my house. It wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought, but we'll see when I get up to those 3 min jogs. I know it will be harder then. Good luck to you and feel free to friend me so we can exchange thoughts on our progress.
  • abahzee
    abahzee Posts: 11
    Options
    I really like your idea of running each week twice, once inside and once outside. That is smart, as I feel there is a huge difference between the two. I started in Feb and got through week 3, inside. I then tried to move outside onto concrete and damaged my knee so badly that I ended up on crutches, unable to even walk. What I could do inside on a soft cushioned surface was so different from street running. I now run again, but make it a point to only run on the high school tracks. It's much softer than the concrete of the sidewalks in our neighborhood. You are very smart to recognize there is a difference. I being a new runner/non-exerciser had no idea. I love this program and have been very successful with it, doing it at my own pace. Some weeks I repeat, but in all, I have seen tremendous improvement in my endurance. Enjoy! You have great goals!