Feeling Depressed

Hi what do others do when feeling depressed I am feeling super low today and cant seem to get my act together. I welcome all friend requests.

Replies

• RUN! The endorphin's that are released in your brain after working out really can clear your mind. I know, it's tough to get up and do something active, but its a feeling that no pills have been able to give me over the years of struggling with depression/anxiety and recovering from BED.
  • 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    Although I was never a fan of it in the past, I'm now writing in a journal & it actually does seem to help a bit. It's tough when you are down - I have cried and cried since my recent breakup but the writing really seems to help. And calling a few long lost friends (whom I hadn't done a very good job keeping in touch with).

Hugs!
  • utaviator
    utaviator Posts: 55 Member
    Although I was never a fan of it in the past, I'm now writing in a journal & it actually does seem to help a bit. It's tough when you are down - I have cried and cried since my recent breakup but the writing really seems to help. And calling a few long lost friends (whom I hadn't done a very good job keeping in touch with).

Hugs!

The journal works very well! I call it a 'gratitude journal'. Each night, write down three positive things that happened, and three negative things that happened. After about a week of this, you will probably find it easier and easier to record the happy times, and difficult to find three 'negative' things. Let me know how it works for you!