Is it possible to do a Juice fast without a Juicer?

Options
Does anyone have any good information on doing a Juice fast, I would really love to do one, But i do not want to invest in an actual Juicer at the moment! Any suggestions?

Replies

• Janie5605
    Janie5605 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    We (hubs and I) are planning on doing one...we looked into how to do it without a juicer and it just isn't the same. We found a juicer at Sears for 40 bucks that had really good reviews....it did say you will need to rejuice the pulp but to save 100 bucks i think i can do that lol.
  • Aokark
    Aokark Posts: 25
    Options
    I've done it in my blender, it's not as simple but I just take a pin and push down the big stuff until it blends properly. :-)

Mine is a $10 blender.
  • beautybrainsbalance
    Options
    The only way you could do that is to either purchase fresh juices from a store (Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, or another health food store) or use a very high powered blender (like Blendtec or Vitamix) to pulverize the whole fruit into a smoothie. Both options are probably going to run you a LOT more money than just getting a juicer in the first place. :(

My best bet would be to check out Craigslist.org in your city and find a good used one!
  • mellymink
    mellymink Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    If you have a blender, you can blend your fruits/vegetables with a little water added (to help it blend smoothly), and then use a strainer (cheese cloth, nylon mesh bag etc) to strain out the pulp. I've done this during juice fasts before and it's very effective. I also would suggest checking Walmart for a Juiceman Jr. which you can get for under $100. Not the highest quality, but it does the job!
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    If you're talking short term, 3-5 days, you can just by juicy juice. It'll have preservatives, but that's it, 100% juice, no added sugar.If you're thinking lifestyle change where you'll keep fresh juice in your diet after the fast is done, kitchen gadgetry will be required.