2 NSVs *YAY*

Options
Ladydi1982
Ladydi1982 Posts: 218 Member
The first is from last night. Here is a little back story. Every Sunday night we have family dinner night and my grandpa is usually there, if he feels up to it. Here's a little back story about my grandpa. He is not usually a complimentary person. If you are on the chubby side, my grandpa (aka Mr. Perpetual Beer Belly) likes to grab some of your belly fat and say "Hey there, skinny!" to which we make fun of his beer belly while at the same time feel utterly and completely self conscious.

So here is the first NSV: Last night, I walked up to my grandpa to give him a high five. He grabs my hand, looks at me and says, to my total surprise, "Are you losing weight?" to which I answer, "Why, yes I am!" And he looks at me and says, "Wow! You are looking BEAUTIFUL! Keep it up." I said thank you, gave him a kiss on the cheek and proceded to the kitchen where I did a happy dance!

The 2nd NSV happened today at work. A lady I work with only some of the time (around every 2-3 weeks or so) came in and as soon as she saw me, her jaw dropped and gave me a huge hug and tells me how fabulous I look. I have been on cloud nine all day!!!

Here's to all of our victories, scale or non-scale!!! :drinker:

Replies

• sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    you are so very lucky yay. I have lost 38 pds and my NSV has been a pointed nose, thin ankles, and jowls, I like yours better
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Oh that is awesome! It's always nice to hear that other people are noticing and getting the compliment from your grandpa ....wow! I'm doing the happy dance for you too! Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!