Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

What are you thankful for?

Options

Replies

• FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    All of my Amazing Friends on here who have been so supportive during these past couple months that I have been going through some stuff and acting like a crazy person! <3
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    Chances. Second, third so on and so on. Forgiveness is truly something to be thankful for.
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Waking up is blessed enough and being able to move/do what I want is beyond that.
  • ShawtyShawt
    ShawtyShawt Posts: 2,540 Member
    Options
    God's never leaving.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    my life
  • ManBehindTheMask
    ManBehindTheMask Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Doctors, for saving my face :)
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Coffee
    friends
    stuff
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Well, first some serious news: three weeks ago, I was diagnosed with cancer. But there is a lot to be thankful for, starting with something that kinda makes me sound a bit like a Pollyana, but in hindsight...
    • A year ago, I weighed 254 lbs. People had been after me for ages to lose weight and I just blew them off. And then, I got cellulitus, lymphedema, and the news that the veins in my legs had collapsed from having to carry too much extra weight. And that gave me the kick in the *kitten* I needed to finally get serious about weight loss. As a result, when I noticed the symptom that sent me running to the doctor, I was almost 90 lbs lighter and
    • The doctor didn't blow off the symptom as 'maybe obesity-related'. He sent me for tests immediately.
    • If I HAD to get cancer, I got bladder cancer. The one with the 98% survival rate, that gets detected early 75% of the time.
    • I just had the surgery to get the lesions out last week, about a month earlier than when I was expecting
    • I came through the surgery well enough that they didn't need to keep me overnight as they'd originally planned
    • They asked me if I could try to sit up a bit while they cranked up the bed in recovery, and thanks to the strength training, I was able to do so without effort. The nurse actually complimented me on my trunk muscles.
    • Possible TMI, but it seems I don't need laxatives or stool softeners to 'go', even though it's common to need them after this kind of surgery
    • I've got a half-feral cat that has been staying indoors to visit every day since the surgery.
    • Supportive family
    • And friends who've been checking up on me, visiting, and asking if there's anything they can do.

So, even with the bad tidings... I really do have so much to be thankful for.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Well, first some serious news: three weeks ago, I was diagnosed with cancer. But there is a lot to be thankful for, starting with something that kinda makes me sound a bit like a Pollyana, but in hindsight...
    • A year ago, I weighed 254 lbs. People had been after me for ages to lose weight and I just blew them off. And then, I got cellulitus, lymphedema, and the news that the veins in my legs had collapsed from having to carry too much extra weight. And that gave me the kick in the *kitten* I needed to finally get serious about weight loss. As a result, when I noticed the symptom that sent me running to the doctor, I was almost 90 lbs lighter and
    • The doctor didn't blow off the symptom as 'maybe obesity-related'. He sent me for tests immediately.
    • If I HAD to get cancer, I got bladder cancer. The one with the 98% survival rate, that gets detected early 75% of the time.
    • I just had the surgery to get the lesions out last week, about a month earlier than when I was expecting
    • I came through the surgery well enough that they didn't need to keep me overnight as they'd originally planned
    • They asked me if I could try to sit up a bit while they cranked up the bed in recovery, and thanks to the strength training, I was able to do so without effort. The nurse actually complimented me on my trunk muscles.
    • Possible TMI, but it seems I don't need laxatives or stool softeners to 'go', even though it's common to need them after this kind of surgery
    • I've got a half-feral cat that has been staying indoors to visit every day since the surgery.
    • Supportive family
    • And friends who've been checking up on me, visiting, and asking if there's anything they can do.

So, even with the bad tidings... I really do have so much to be thankful for.

What a positive attitude you have. We're coming up to the year anniversary of my dad passing away from cancer and I remember back to times I spent with him in the hospital and going for treatments and oddly smile because we would be smiling and laughing and helping others who were lost in the fog of cancer and death and dying.

So keep your positive attitude and yay for coming through surgery well. Stay healthy!!!
  • ShawtyShawt
    Options
    ... for God's forgiveness.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    Besides the obvious (My Children and Grandchildren, my health, a roof over my head)
    I am Thankful for the opportunity to make my own choices in life, and am Thankful for every moment of my past Good and bad which had brought me to where I am today with those Blessings listed above! :)
  • MrSith
    Options
    That I woke up once again.
  • Journey2happiness18
    Journey2happiness18 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    My daughter
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Having had the best dad. We lost a super person a year ago.
  • ShawtyShawt
    Options
    Everything good
  • MrSith
    Options
    My daughter

good answer

my kiddo......he keeps me going.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Family
    Friends
    Being able to keep the spirit and fun of santa alive
  • jamesakrobinson
    jamesakrobinson Posts: 2,149 Member
    Options
    Slow but steady improvement. Didn't even take any cold meds today... but slept a hell of a lot.