Are Cheat Days Allowed????

Options
13»

Replies

• Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Just log every bite and log every workout.

I don't believe in setting aside 'cheat days' and binging all out of control on that one day. Just do the best you can each and every day and don't deny yourself treats during the week. It's better to give in to a craving during the week (and log it as such and move on) than hold on to that craving for that one cheat day. You'll drive yourself bonkers!

MFP is all about changing your lifestyle and improving your health and learning as you go. If you go out of control 1 day a week how is this an improvement?
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    At my age (and weight) I have cheat meals now. For instance, after I weigh in on Sunday, I will have a treat such as a piece of pie or an ice cream cone. But a whole cheat day will inevitably end up in a few cheat days in a row.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    If you get a good deficit every day, but then blow it all on a cheat day once a week, whats the point??? I work treats into my daily calorie allowance, so I can still have that bar of chocolate and not feel deprived, but then dont undo all my good work.

Agreed! I could not have put it better myself.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    If you get a good deficit every day, but then blow it all on a cheat day once a week, whats the point??? I work treats into my daily calorie allowance, so I can still have that bar of chocolate and not feel deprived, but then dont undo all my good work.

Agreed! I could not have put it better myself.

If you eat crap in excess every day and then one day eat clean and at a deficit, do you think you will ruin all your progress getting fat and suddenly become skinny?

If you eat treats every day, where those calories could otherwise be nutritious, do you consider that being disciplined?