Help:(

Options
Since starting MFP I have gone from 200 to 196. However, these past couple days I go to 197-199. I am eating below my calories and exercising everyday. Any advice? I am starting to lose my momentum:( Thanks.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    why are you eating below your goal?
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    How intense is the exercise? Are you varying it up at all?
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    How's your water consumption? Are you getting adequate veggies and fruits into your day? The calories that you get back from exercise, are you eating those up?

I'm relatively new to this site, but have been down the weight gain/loss trail enough times to know the in's and out's, just need to get the ole head on straight again. Working on it.

Just tossing out a few ideas - hope it helps. Best wishes to us all! Peace. :flowerforyou:
  • jenet006
    jenet006 Posts: 10
    Options
    Weighing yourself on a daily basis is probably inadvertently making you eat less calories, which in turn means your metabolism is slowing down. Whilst you probably already know this, sometimes you just need someone to say it. Less calories, doesn't mean more weight loss. So put the scales away and reach for them on a Sunday morning only. You also need to remember that fluids retention also affects daily weight loss/gain. You'll be fine. Don't give up.:wink:
  • JWoodyard07
    JWoodyard07 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I think that I am thinking the less i eat the better, which is probably screwing my body up:( Should I eat the calories I shed exercising? I am trying to drink water, usually about 56oz a day, but I am in a challenge to drink 64 so I have been. I usually eat lots of veggies and fruits, but, I do need to go grocery shopping because my children eat a lot of them too:) I will take your advice and weigh myself once a week. I also have not been very regular lately, which is unusual for me. Could this be doing it as well? Thanks for your input everyone I do appreciate it. I have only been on MFP for 2 weeks and I would love to keep on truckin':)
  • JWoodyard07
    Options
    Oh and I do Wii Fit and Zumba. Tomorrow I am starting Insanity:)
  • armacd
    armacd Posts: 95
    Options
    Hey! I sent you a friend request :). I'm also doing insanity, (my second attempt) and know that it is an extremely challenging program, so I'd love to be able to share our journey and support each other!
  • JWoodyard07
    Options
    Awesome! I did try it awhile ago but didn't have the time. I am thinking instead of a Wednesday, starting it on Monday and going all of the way. I need to lose this weight. I am also trying to eat most of my calories today and from now on. Last week I did terrific then for some reason I creep back up a pound or two:( I would love to hear how you do on Insanity!! Thanks for the friend request!
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    why are you eating below your goal?
  • JWoodyard07
    Options
    I thought that I would lose by only eating my bare minimum and not my exercise. My minimum is 1200 and with exercise usually it goes up to about 1500-1800. I would eat about 1000 calories. But, from what I have heard, this is probably hindering my results:(
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I thought that I would lose by only eating my bare minimum and not my exercise. My minimum is 1200 and with exercise usually it goes up to about 1500-1800. I would eat about 1000 calories. But, from what I have heard, this is probably hindering my results:(

I believe you are correct.

I have had success from eating ALL exercise calories back and eating at LEAST 1200 daily if I don't exercise.

Good Luck.
  • deverez
    deverez Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing what you're doing. Weight goes up and down constantly because of water, and a +/- 2lb variation isn't anything to be worried about.

Try weighing yourself every other week.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Eat more fresh fruits and especially veggies. Add sodium and sugar to your diary - you'd be surprised how much is in all the processed foods you're eating. Eat all your exercise calories, or at least most. Keep in mind that unless you're using a heart rate monitor to measure calories burned during exercise, the readouts on the machines and on this database are often high.

Also, your weight flucuates daily by up to several pounds. Concentrate more on weekly trends rather than day-to-day amounts. When starting a new exercise and meal plan, it often takes a few weeks for things to get moving - just be patient and give your body time to adjust. Good luck!
  • JWoodyard07
    Options
    Thank you all for the replys! I will try what everyone is saying and weigh myself on Fridays only and see how that goes! I will let you all know on Friday! Thanks again for the encouragement:)
  • Garrett1234
    Garrett1234 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I was just reading another thread where someone was concerned about plateauing (is that a word?) early. Lose some pounds early, then stop. I've even gained a couple back myself but after reading up am not discouraged, it will come off. Hang in there.