Did anyone else start 30 Day Shred today?

Wondering if anyone else did their first day today? Would be good to compare notes and all that!

Replies

• dids01
    dids01 Posts: 93 Member
    just completed day 1, thought this was gonna be easy but sure built up a sweat only stopped twice for 5 seconds each so pretty proud of myself. How did you do?
  • GettingFitterVicki
    GettingFitterVicki Posts: 82 Member
    Well done! I wasn't expecting easy lol. It was okay, I did it right after a 2.5 mile run so felt it in some parts of my legs more than I may have otherwise. My legs are quite strong but my arms are rubbish! I used 1.5 kg weights (think it's about 3lb) and it hurt towards the end of the arm ones! My stomach is rubbish too. Had a c section almost 3 years ago and haven't dome any ab work since then. Weaker than weak. Hoping that improves!

Think I need to watch again to get some floor moves right.

All on for tomorrow? :)
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    I finished Day 3 of Level 1 yesterday. I'm slowly getting better. :)
  • GettingFitterVicki
    I finished Day 3 of Level 1 yesterday. I'm slowly getting better. :)

This is very promising :) Gets easier then?
  • I'm on day 3 but I'm going to stay with a friend on Thursday so I'll have to skip Friday, Saturday and Sunday and I'll be on day 6 on Monday.

It's a bit of a killer but I'm feeling improvement in my upper arms and thighs. I'm vegetarian so I'm trying to get as much protein as possible while I do it too.
  • I started yesterday, gonna do day 2 later today. My arms are so sore at the top and my abs hurt when I sneeze haha, but here's hoping it gets easier! :)
  • esslgs
    esslgs Posts: 29
    I will be completing day 4 today. Here is the low down.
    Day 1- Thought I was going to die, but I was wrong. My legs felt like jello and they hurt even when I was laying still.
    Day 2- Thought I was going to die, but I was wrong. It hurt to laugh, so my 15 year old son thought it would be a good idea to keep me laughing :)
    Day 3-Thought it was going to be harder than it was. Push ups are hard, and strangly (don't ask) I was looking forward to the abs so that I could rest. Still sore, but doable.
    Day 4- I do not feel as sore this morning as I had the previous days... I'm hopeful.

I really do like this video. I am doing it before I eat dinner- then I'm not as hungry.
  • dids01
    dids01 Posts: 93 Member
    I haven't got any weights yet so got two empty water bottle and filled and weighed them so they were pretty even. Going to go and get some wights later today.
  • I've been using tinned tomatoes :)
  • thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    I've started it and have been on level 1 for a while....I need to do it daily and would love some motivation!!! It definitely works so I need to keep with it. My excuse is having my 3 kids around and trying to find the time to sneak in a workout w/o constant interruptions!! I also walk at night w/ a friend but need some strength training too. Good luck!
  • GettingFitterVicki
    I've started it and have been on level 1 for a while....I need to do it daily and would love some motivation!!! It definitely works so I need to keep with it. My excuse is having my 3 kids around and trying to find the time to sneak in a workout w/o constant interruptions!! I also walk at night w/ a friend but need some strength training too. Good luck!

Ooh good luck with the no interruptions thing! I have a 2 1/2 year old so I don't know how I'm going to do it when she's around. Hopefully she will be good and not demand Mickey Mouse or Dora instead for 20 minutes!!
  • GettingFitterVicki
    I've been using tinned tomatoes :)

I never understood how people can grip tins well enough to use! I tried it once and couldn't get my hand around it enough lol.
  • dogwhisperette
    dogwhisperette Posts: 177 Member
    Hello! I just finished day 5 of level one but missed Sunday and Monday, so it was my first day back on track. It was much easier after day 3 but still very challenging. Always work up a sweat. Personally I love it! I always get motivated when she says mention's that we want a 20 min work out to work for you we got to work for it. 20 minutes out of our time is really do-able so I make the best of those 20 min. Good luck, stay strong and true to it for 30 days and we can all brag about surviving the 30 day shred!
  • GettingFitterVicki
    Just taken some before photos which I'm going to keep locked up until this is over!
  • shelleilei
    shelleilei Posts: 122 Member
    I will do it! I was supposed to start on the 1st but my motivation is all haywire.
  • tbisca1
    tbisca1 Posts: 142
    I will be completing day 4 today. Here is the low down.
    Day 1- Thought I was going to die, but I was wrong. My legs felt like jello and they hurt even when I was laying still.
    Day 2- Thought I was going to die, but I was wrong. It hurt to laugh, so my 15 year old son thought it would be a good idea to keep me laughing :)
    Day 3-Thought it was going to be harder than it was. Push ups are hard, and strangly (don't ask) I was looking forward to the abs so that I could rest. Still sore, but doable.
    Day 4- I do not feel as sore this morning as I had the previous days... I'm hopeful.

I really do like this video. I am doing it before I eat dinner- then I'm not as hungry.

This is pretty much me in a nutshell! I am on day 12 and still love it. I always do more than one level bc 20 mins. to me is just not enough. I normally do level 1 and then level 2 right after but on the weekends I do level 1 then level 2 then level 1 again. Now since I am building strength I have done level 2 twice the last couple of days. I plan on doing level 2 then 1 then level 2 again on the weekends. It is a great program so good luck to everyone!
  • I've been using tinned tomatoes :)

I never understood how people can grip tins well enough to use! I tried it once and couldn't get my hand around it enough lol.

I've been doing ok with them - I need to get around to getting some proper weights. They are a little awkward but not too heavy so I'm doing alright :)
  • I will be completing day 4 today. Here is the low down.

This is pretty much me in a nutshell! I am on day 12 and still love it. I always do more than one level bc 20 mins. to me is just not enough. I normally do level 1 and then level 2 right after but on the weekends I do level 1 then level 2 then level 1 again. Now since I am building strength I have done level 2 twice the last couple of days. I plan on doing level 2 then 1 then level 2 again on the weekends. It is a great program so good luck to everyone!

Oh my god!! You're hardcore!!! I feel like crying about 10 minutes in level one
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    I planned to start it this morning but couldn't drag my backside out of bed at 5:00. I'd like to fit it in tonight but I am also doing C25k (for the second time) so I don't know if I can fit both in.
  • GettingFitterVicki
    I planned to start it this morning but couldn't drag my backside out of bed at 5:00. I'd like to fit it in tonight but I am also doing C25k (for the second time) so I don't know if I can fit both in.

I can see how that's tough lol. Sometimes I have to get up early to fit a run in, and that's 5:45. Never 5!