how heavy is the weight you have lost?

Options
yesterday i got myself some weights, because the resistance bands where to easy for me.
now i know how much weight i have lost, because i feel fitter and my trousers are now do to 30" waist
and i know i am fitter because i dont struggle to do a mere 3 press ups (i can do lots more now)
i was beginning to think my weight is not to bad, yes i am over weight, but i am not obese any more
out of curiosity i loaded up a bag with the weight i have lost (33lb) and boy was it a shock how much it weighs.
it really motivated me to keep it up to reach my goal weight

try it if you can.

Replies

• RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    36 pounds weighs a lot too! Congrats on your loss!
  • authson
    authson Posts: 233
    Options
    I have lost 42 pounds and that is about how much my son weighs, so when i pick him up I am amazed at how heavy that was and thank God I am not carrying that around all the time now.
  • giammarcor
    giammarcor Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I keep joking about how I've lost a toddler around my waist. 40 lbs. Eventually, I hope to lose the rest fo this 1st grader...lol.
  • mrscates
    mrscates Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    72lbs for me. :) Crazy when you pick it up and realize how heavy it really is!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Same here, I weighed my MC pack for our trip to NM in June, it weighed 59 lbs (I had lost 60). I could barely lift it up on the bike by myself. I was totally blown away.
  • calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    22 lbs is my 2 smaller cats. I can't imagine going for a walk or bike ride while holding those 2 cats.
  • HeatherrSue
    HeatherrSue Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I've lost 47.5 pounds to date. I walk in the evenings and sometimes give my 3 year old a piggy back ride for the whole mile and she weighs 34 pounds. Its amazing to me just putting that much weight back on and seeing what a difference it makes. Every ounce, every pound we lose goes a long ways! Congrats on only being overweight now. I know what a huge accomplishment that is!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    1 more lb and I will have lost my son & my nephew (2 & 3 years old and both in the 90th percentile for height) Now trying to carry them at the same time? Impossible!
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    My loss is equal to the weight of my 3 grand daughters, combined.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I have lost 70 pounds, and I canNOT lift that!!! It is hard to imagine that I used to carry that around on my body. :noway:
  • MaddameKat
    MaddameKat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm not anywhere near all your loses but my niece had a baby a few months ago she is 8lbs.. put in perspective what i have lost so far.
  • momma_roo
    momma_roo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have lost 20lbs which is equal to a car tire!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I've lost 19 lbs, which is a bit under what my 3 year old weighs.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25, about 6 pounds before starting here. It's good progress but I'm not going to be impressed untill I reach as much as I can rep with barbell curls (~70). Though lifting a dumbell that is 25 pounds seems like a lot of extra weight to carry around.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    My 2 1/2 year old is about 23 lbs which is the amount I have lost so far. I'm trying to lose a total of 50lbs (almost the weight of my 5 year old).
  • mandagurlee
    mandagurlee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    30 lbs. Went from a size 12/14 to a size 4/5 feels awesome and I'm still going!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I've lost 68 pounds total. The only weight machine I can think of that I could move that much weight on is the leg press. Otherwise, there is no way... It's amazing how we used to go about our lives with all that excess poundage!
  • kfitz10103
    kfitz10103 Posts: 354
    Options
    I have 2 daughters. The oldest will be 2 and the youngest 1 this month. Together they weight 49lbs. I get a real kick out of holding on e on each hip and realizing that is how much I used to weigh (Plus 7 more lbs.!) Its crazy to think I lost that much, but puts the loss in perspective since I don't really always see my loss in the mirror yet.
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm not near everyone else's losses (YET!) but just picking up one 10-lb dumbbell really baffles me... glad that is gone and off my body forever!!