Huh? What????

Options
Hi everyone! I just wanted to share an NSV I had the other day...my scale has been stuck at 176.6 for a couple of weeks now, I try not to let it bother me but sometimes it just really does. Last week I weighed myself and STILL, I'm 176.6 (starting weight was 251), I was feeling kind of down about it until a coworker said "Girl you are looking SO tiny lately!" I don't think I've been referred to as tiny EVER! LOL! Even better than being called tiny was that this same coworker emailed me later that day asking for my help in getting her started on the path to fitness and a healthier lifestyle...how cool is THAT?!!!

Replies

• lemonlime1
    lemonlime1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    what a feeling - hope you feel amazing!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    that is very cool - GREAT NSV - you're a role model now, use your power for good deeds ~
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!
  • fitby2012
    fitby2012 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    That kicks the heck out of that stuck scale! Congratulations!
  • sylouette98
    sylouette98 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It really does feel amazing that someone turned to me for advice...it was also very humbling...I never thought that I would be in a position to help others this way.
  • Mamato3cubs
    Options
    WTG!, Your an inspiration, awesome sticking with it.
  • afkittie1218
    Options
    That's awesome to hear! I have some reasons why your scale might be staying the same. One thing people keep forgetting is when you are gaining muscle from working out it weighs more than fat. Also another thing people warn me about is if you keep doing the same kind of work out all the time at some point it will stop working for you and you'll need to change it up with something new. Hope this helps, oh almost forgot to tell you to measure yourself! Good Luck!
  • cjwalker81
    cjwalker81 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    That is very very cool!!! Good for you, inspiring others in real life and online!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Feel good doesn't it.
  • sylouette98
    sylouette98 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That's awesome to hear! I have some reasons why your scale might be staying the same. One thing people keep forgetting is when you are gaining muscle from working out it weighs more than fat. Also another thing people warn me about is if you keep doing the same kind of work out all the time at some point it will stop working for you and you'll need to change it up with something new. Hope this helps, oh almost forgot to tell you to measure yourself! Good Luck!

Thank you! Those are the reasons I try not to let it bother me...my clothes continue to fit better and better (some of my clothes are getting too big! yay!) and it seems like lately, more people are mentioning how "good" I look. So, I'm taking all in stride. :wink: Oh, and most of the time I'm okay with it not moving...it's when it moves in the wrong direction that gets me! LOL!
  • LifeChanged1209
    Options
    TWO THUMBS UP!! :flowerforyou: Don't worry about that mean old scale... your friends and clothes will tell the tale!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!