Can someone explain this......

Options
I have gained weight, my pants have gotten tighter, my stomach is obviously sticking out farther......... so why when I take my measurments is everything smaller?

Replies

• sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I wanna know too cuz I am having the same issue.
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    This is not meant to be funny, but, did your pants shrink in the drier?

Or maybe your stomach is the area that likes to cling to the fat, and the other areas are not, therefore, making it look like your stomach is bigger by comparison.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    hmm..i would have said muscle, but i don't know...best of luck finding out
  • DKelly1983
    Options
    Same here! Sorry that I don't have an answer for you, but I lost 8 lbs since May (right when I stopped wearing jeans everyday) and this past weekend I wore them,expecting them to be looser, but they weren't! Where the hell did those 8 lbs go?
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Maybe other areas have decreased in size more than your stomach so when you look at it you feel that it is larger when in reality it only looks that way because other areas are smaller than they used to be in comparison and that was how you were used to seeing them.
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I have no done any working out in 2 months.
    I gained close to 20 pounds
    The pants I tried to wear yesterday used to be my "fat" jeans and were too tight ( I have owned them for years so they didnt shirnk)
    My shirts are tighter
    Yet, when I measure everything there is inches lost everywhere.. I do not understand why I would gain fat, and lose inches.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    When you measure your waist, is it smaller? I don't see how it's possbile for it to be larger and smaller at the same time. If you are losing everywhere except your belly, is there a chance you are pregnant?
  • mcottle292
    Options
    not a medical professional here, but are you under a lot of stress? I know that high stress levels can cause weight gain in the stomach. I am sure you could find more info on that online. :tongue: Good luck!
  • b00b0084
    Options
    I can without a doubt say I am not pregnant, it takes having sex to get pregnant :laugh: So unless I am pregnant with Gods second child then that is not the problem. I am very stressed out though. Even though my stomach is noticably larger it is an inch smaller than it was before. My lady doctor had me get blood work done, so maybe the results will explain what is going on.
  • Jsnbabb1
    Jsnbabb1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    could be bloated?
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I have no done any working out in 2 months.
    I gained close to 20 pounds
    The pants I tried to wear yesterday used to be my "fat" jeans and were too tight ( I have owned them for years so they didnt shirnk)
    My shirts are tighter
    Yet, when I measure everything there is inches lost everywhere.. I do not understand why I would gain fat, and lose inches.

More then likely, you're pulling the measuring tape tighter then you previously did when you measured. This is a common error when measuring. I think we do it subconsciously because we want to be smaller. I recommend getting a Gulick tape to do your measurements because you literally put one end of the tape back in the device that holds the tape so that it controls the tightness of the tape so it is more accurate to compare from measurement to measurement.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    I have gained weight, my pants have gotten tighter, my stomach is obviously sticking out farther......... so why when I take my measurments is everything smaller?

Because awesome weighs more than not awesome.
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Similar issue here ---- lost 12 pounds but my pants feel TIGHTER than they ever have been... I thought they were supposed to start being LOOSE! Frustrating...
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Maybe it is water retention due to your salt intake?
  • A2Zmama
    A2Zmama Posts: 7
    Options
    I am having the same issue. Only a few lbs down, but 1.5" off in waist and hips, but pants and skirts fit no better. I believe my own issue is two things....I am massively pear-shaped. I have a high, nipped waist, but my actual belly is bigger. And my saddlebag thighs make everything tight on. So my waist gets smaller and smaller as I keep working out, but my hips and thighs have more stubborn fat, so it's MUCH slower to go.
  • b00b0084
    Options
    Because awesome weighs more than not awesome.
    I am sticking with this reasoning!!!!!!!