JM Ripped in 30 Results & Review

I just finished the Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 workout DVD. I have posted my results below but I wanted to give you some background first. Before I started this DVD I had lost 30lbs and I am pretty close to the weight I want to be. I would go to the gym 5 or 6 days a week and do cardio and strength training. I hit a plateau for about 5 weeks and I wanted to switch up my workout routine. I had heard great things about the JM DVDs from MFP so I thought I would give it a try. I did the DVD 6 days a week and I am also training for a 1/2 marathon in October so I did my running program as well. I did not follow the eating plan that came with the DVD. I just kept eating within my 1400 calorie plan on MFP.

Starting Stats:
Weight - 168lbs
Waist (belly button) - 35in
Hips – 39 1/2in
Bust – 34 1/2in
Right Upper Leg - 23in
Left Upper Leg - 23in
Right Upper Arm - 12in
Left Upper Arm - 12in

Ending Stats:
Weight - 165lbs
Waist (belly button) - 34in (1 inch lost)
Hips – 38 1/2in (1 inch lost)
Bust - 34in (1/2 inch lost)
Right Upper Leg – 22 1/2in (1/2 inch lost)
Left Upper Leg – 22 1/2in (1/2 inch lost)
Right Upper Arm - 11in (1 inch lost)
Left Upper Arm – 11 1/2in (1/2 inch lost)

I really enjoyed this DVD. It was different than my usual gym routine. I looked forward to doing the DVD b/c the workouts changed every week and it was only 4 weeks long so it kept me motivated to keep going. Jillian is really good at explaining all the moves on the DVD and she gets to the point of the workout. She is not really annoying and bubbly like other DVD's I have seen. She is there to kick your *kitten* for 30 min and she does! I am really happy with my results especially since I was stuck in the same place for several weeks before doing the DVD. Thanks for reading my post and have a great day!

Replies

• Nichole1981
    Nichole1981 Posts: 65 Member
    :smile:
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    That's good to know! I just finished week one, and am glad i took some before measurements too, because it really looks like i'll be gaining some muscle, so I'm not expecting major weight loss.

Do you think you'll do the full program again every so often, for a tune up?
  • Nichole1981
    Nichole1981 Posts: 65 Member
    I gained some muscle for sure! My arms look better than they ever have! I also dropped a pant size. Its a great DVD! I am going on vacation next week and when I get back I am going to buy the 30 Day Shred DVD and do that. Then I will probably go back to the Ripped in 30. I think it will be a nice change from the gym for me. Good luck with the DVD! Week 3 is killer! But keep pushing through it so you can have great results! :smile: