Activia Greek Yogurt is GARBAGE

Options
I love my Chobani, but I thought I'd buy ONE new Activia Greek yogurt for giggles...ahem....other than the fact that it has 190 calories in it....it has TWENTY NINE GRAMS OF SUGAR! 34 GRAMS OF CARBS! What??????????? Pass this one by folks. Dannon should be ashamed!

Replies

• Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I saw that the other day too....looked at the label and immediately put it back...crazy!
  • clala82
    clala82 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    That is ridiculous. Eek!
  • InStabilityKills
    Options
    They are probably hoping people won't look at the nutritional part - they will see greek and start gobbling the stuff up. If you look at their Activia Yogurt there isn't much "healthy" to it. They taste great but are TRASH!
    I love my Chobani, but I thought I'd buy ONE new Activia Greek yogurt for giggles...ahem....other than the fact that it has 190 calories in it....it has TWENTY NINE GRAMS OF SUGAR! 34 GRAMS OF CARBS! What??????????? Pass this one by folks. Dannon should be ashamed!
  • lgwmab
    lgwmab Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Can you tell me what the difference is between the greek yogurts, and the regular yoplait yogurt? I haven't ate much lately, but really should.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Sorry Dannon...I check the labels. LOL. I'll be the guinea pig today then. It was almost grainy tasting...probably sugar granules. Haha!
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Can you tell me what the difference is between the greek yogurts, and the regular yoplait yogurt? I haven't ate much lately, but really should.

Greek yogurt is strained twice. It is the same yogurt but by straining an extra time it has less water in it. Less water leaves the same amount with higher protein level.
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    totally gross! I bought Yoplait greek this week, only b/c it was on sale. I'm going to compare it to my Chiobani and see how it rates.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Yeh I hate Activia for that I needed plain yoghurt and they were the only kind yet so I just picked it up just thinkin "plain yoghurt is plain yoghurt" yeh they sweeten it!!!! BLEH sweetened plain yoghurt is absolutely disgusting who does that?!

oh yeh ACTIVIA
  • ManyShadesofKaz
    Options
    Ugh, I ALMOST bought that! I kept rereading the label because I was so confused, I actually thought that was my brain telling me I needed some rest so I put it back and went home to sleep. :grumble:
  • CrimsonHellkite
    Options
    yea this is one of my biggest disgusts at the market, is foods claiming to be good for you or healthy and they are garbage...
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt has a lot more protein and less sugar than regular yogurt. Because it's strained differently, it's a lot thicker and creamier.

Keep in mind that the flavored varieties are always going to have more sugar than the plain. I've been eating Fage non-fat plain yogurt. I can either add some sweetener and have it for breakfast or add something to make it savory and use it as a veggie dip. I also use it completely plain instead of sour cream on my baked potatoes.
  • futurekilousky
    Options

Something crazy i learned recently is that those "99% fat free yoplait yogurts" have as much sugar as 3 pillsbury cinnamon rolls...ew.
  • Lazyboy09
    Lazyboy09 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Something crazy i learned recently is that those "99% fat free yoplait yogurts" have as much sugar as 3 pillsbury cinnamon rolls...ew.

LOL, you say "ew" like sugar isn't delicious.
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    One thing that does drive me crazy with yogurt in general - it's almost always either full fat or fat free! Per my dietitian, I need to always have some fat in my meals and snacks. One snack I do like is a yogurt, but there is almost no middle ground on the fat, and so few flavors that I like that are in that low fat category when I can find it. Rawr!
  • futurekilousky
    Options

LOL, you say "ew" like sugar isn't delicious.

Haha oh I love sugar, it's just I'd rather have a yummy cookie or some ice cream to satisfy that craving than some yogurt claiming to be healthy but filled with sugar.
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt has a lot more protein and less sugar than regular yogurt. Because it's strained differently, it's a lot thicker and creamier.

Keep in mind that the flavored varieties are always going to have more sugar than the plain. I've been eating Fage non-fat plain yogurt. I can either add some sweetener and have it for breakfast or add something to make it savory and use it as a veggie dip. I also use it completely plain instead of sour cream on my baked potatoes.
    I do the same thing. I use the Fage for tons of stuff. I turn it into sauce for meat, dips, you name it. it's so versatile.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    One thing that does drive me crazy with yogurt in general - it's almost always either full fat or fat free! Per my dietitian, I need to always have some fat in my meals and snacks. One snack I do like is a yogurt, but there is almost no middle ground on the fat, and so few flavors that I like that are in that low fat category when I can find it. Rawr!
    Have you tried mixing fat free and full fat together and making your own? Fage has their 0% fat version, which I prefer, but also a 2% fat version.
  • deborahmorris
    deborahmorris Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My choice of greek yogurts are Fage or Chobani....that's about it so far...haven't found any better yet....but always looking for better!!:smile:
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Have you tried mixing fat free and full fat together and making your own? Fage has their 0% fat version, which I prefer, but also a 2% fat version.

I haven't tried that, but it's a good idea. Thanks!
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options

Definitely an "Avid Label Reader"!!!
    I also add fresh fruit to Fage plain for dessert! :-D