Thanksgiving: log or not to log

Options

Replies

• Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I let Jillian kick my @ss this morning, and I'll do some elliptical work later.

My problem is that I have two meals--brunch with my dad and dinner with my mom. But brunch is done with and I had a great time. Beef tenderloin,Swiss chard and onions, and a spoonful of potato puree (I left most of it, since it was good but not orgasmic), with a cappuccino for dessert. I walked out feeling full but not "oh dear lord" stuffed.

Before that, I'd snacked on a small apple and some coffee.

Tonight though...it will not be pretty to my waist, but oh well. My mama's a great cook and I'm off at college eating healthy the rest of the time anyway.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    we just finished dinner and dessert. Definately NOT logging!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    I'm logging...and walking for an hour....:bigsmile: .............I'm on a roll, no need to stop now!:laugh:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I've had lunch and dinner and still have 273 calories left, and that's with no exercise (taking today off from working out)
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    So, OK, maybe I will go for a nice walk. It is 72 degrees and sunny, such a lovely day to stay inside. :flowerforyou:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I wasnt going to, but then I did.....and now I feel like CRAP!! :sad:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    we just finished dinner and dessert. Definately NOT logging!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I hear you...I just tried to log my food items that were higher in calories and I can't find anything in the database that is close to what I actually had...so I'm not logging...just letting it go...I had tons of veggies and as much of my mom's stuffing as I wanted...I am stuffed though...and I am positive I've eaten much healthier and much less food than I did in years past. Am I over calories today? Probably...Will I be back on track tomorrow? God I hope so...

Oh and I did get up and walk this morning...took the puppy out to return a book to the library's book drop and had to carry her home...so I got in a small workout...and I don't feel bad...tomorrow is another day and I enjoyed what I ate...
  • arewethereyet
    Options

I hear you...I just tried to log my food items that were higher in calories and I can't find anything in the database that is close to what I actually had...so I'm not logging...just letting it go...I had tons of veggies and as much of my mom's stuffing as I wanted...I am stuffed though...and I am positive I've eaten much healthier and much less food than I did in years past. Am I over calories today? Probably...Will I be back on track tomorrow? God I hope so...

Oh and I did get up and walk this morning...took the puppy out to return a book to the library's book drop and had to carry her home...so I got in a small workout...and I don't feel bad...tomorrow is another day and I enjoyed what I ate...

I know we WILL be back tomorrow!
  • rlh0614
    rlh0614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I suggest you NOT log your calories... unless you are ready to take a beating! :grumble:
    Even with exercise calories and I mean OVER exercising.. it ain't pretty.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I suggest you NOT log your calories... unless you are ready to take a beating! :grumble:
    Even with exercise calories and I mean OVER exercising.. it ain't pretty.

LOL:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Just the dessert alone would make ya go:noway: :grumble:
  • Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm not logging. but... I think I'm going to try and make somewhat conscious decisions. (possibly.. maybe..maybe somewhat conscious depending on how much wine I drank)
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I will not be weighing my food on Thanksgiving but I won't be splurging like crazy. My gym is closed on that day but we are going to go work out tomorrow night and go for a walk Thanksgiving morning and be thankful for having each other! :)
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    While I will commit to NOT graze and NOT eat seconds, logging would be impossible. Given that each family joining us is from a different country of the world, I probably won't even know what I am eating.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Not logging, but I don't plan to stuff myself insanely or anything, and think I can make generally healthy choices and focus on the foods I love the most. Plenty of Thanksgiving food fits into a sensible balanced meal, and I plan to bring a couple of dishes that do as well (and maybe a dessert).

I also plan to have pie and enjoy myself immensely.
  • woofer00
    woofer00 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It's one day out of 365. Spend time with the family and get back on track the next day. If it bothers you that much, just quick add an insane number and get on to nomming on deliciousness.
  • TN239
    TN239 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm going to log it. I'll have a substantial calorie surplus for the day, but nothing too crazy.
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I still plan on logging; however, I'm not planning on staying within any limits I set for myself. It's only one day out of the year, so you should enjoy it; however, I still want to be aware of what's going into my body.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    There's like 5 thanks giving threads right now, I'm not sure this one from 2008 is any different.

LOL!! Good thing you pointed that out! I hadn't noticed... I know I posted on one of those, and I was wondering why my answer had disappeared from here. :mrgreen: Oops :blushing:
  • abbeyjones1994
    abbeyjones1994 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm logging, and trying to stay in my calorie goals and focus on portion control. Considering I just went out and had a 750 calorie dinner and am stuffed, I don't think having an 1,100 calorie dinner on Thanksgiving (which is what I have logged right now) will make me feel deprived in the least. Besides, I still get pie and stuffing and all the carb-y goodness. But I don't intend on making myself feel sick and going over goal just because it's a holiday. If I get to the end of what I have logged and I still feel hungry, then sure I'll eat more. But I seriously doubt that'll happen.