TEAM FLAB 2 FAB (CLOSED GROUP) ~ WEEK TWO

Options
AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK 2: Unleashing the Beast Within! This is the week two team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team captain for ideas. Week Two Daily Exercise Challenge Daily Exercise = 1 point per member per day. If everyone does it you will be awarded a 5 point bonus for the team! WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #2 YOU ARE NO LONGER ROCKSTARS YOU’VE MOVED ON TO BEAST MODE!

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks* (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 50 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk,run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup or bottles of water if u don’t have weights

Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches* + 50 Mountain Climbers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )

Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 3 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) 21’s The video is a little long sorry.

Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 50 Globe jumps + 100 Jumping Jacks + 100 Stair Climbs (jog or run) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc )

Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 40 Shoulder Presses + 1 extra mile + 50 crunches (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpWrzp9Mnyg) Shoulder Press

Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

Week Two Weekly Team Challenge Each team must coordinate a 100 mile walk, run, jog outside of their normal running jogging. You will to volunteer how much you can walk. If the team does accomplish the 100 mile challenge they will be rewarded with 5 bonus point. In addition to the 100 mile walk each team member must submit their favorite recipe to the group forum, along with the nutritional value. If someone submits your favorite you must find another recipe to submit. *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe. Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member. Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended.

Replies

• msmonique0919
    Options
    DIVISION OF LABOR (100 MILES)

So far, here are the mile commitments and thanks to those who chimed in and have already starting pounding the pavement!

Lcoulter-14 miles
    Shenanigans-5 miles
    Maddox-10 miles
    Fitmom-10 miles
    CarmenSox-10 miles
    Cindy0716-5 miles
    Ivygirl328-15-20 miles
    Ana-5 miles
    Kap-10-12 miles
    Emswanson-5 miles
    Tarabear-5 Miles
    Iris-5 Miles
    Moonchild-5Miles
    OneLoveBud-2 Miles
    Cap (Mo) 8-10 miles

Alright...that puts us at 114 (for each person that gave a range, I used the lowest number i.e. for myself, I used the 8). We have a few more members and I need them to commit too so that they can catch the slack for others.

Now, here is how you can post everything in a simple way. If you have completed everything successfully for the day, you can say MISSIONS ACCOMPLISHED and then just add the amount of miles that you accomplished for the day. Now if you did NOT accomplish the mission, then you have to tell me where you slipped and then add your miles. I will keep track of the mileage to make sure that we do not get to the end and need 80 miles! LOLOL Any question...inbox me.

WE CAN DO IT...WE WILL DO IT...CONSIDER IT DONE!
  • vemaddox
    vemaddox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I will post mini challenges on both forums
  • msmonique0919
    Options
    Okay...I was going to put a note in the old one to SEE THE NEW FORUM. So, maybe you wont have to for long! :wink: Thanks for your diligence! You are doing such a great job!
  • tarabear88
    Options
    costco jennie-o turkey breast applewood smoked tenderloin
    bell pepper
    mushroom
    onion
    cherry tomatos
    skewers
    brown or white rice
    garlic clove
    fat free italian dressing

cut loin and veggies to put on skewer to make kaboobs.. marinate in fat free italian dressing
    add garlic clove and chopped up veggies to rice..

SUPER EASY AND ABSOLUTLEY DELICIOUS...
    (will post nutrition facts in about an hour or two)
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    My recipe Sesame Ginger Chicken Salad

1 (4oz) boneless skinless chicken breast 110 calories
    1 or 2 cups salad greens 15 calories
    1 Roma tomato 35 calories
    1/4 cup red onion diced 16 calories
    2 Tbsp Newman's Own Low-Fat Sesame Ginger Salad Dressing 35 cals.

Cook chicken on grill or bake, cut up and add to salad!
    Enjoy!!!
  • vemaddox
    Options
    that will probably be easier to just close out the old one and just post on this one
    Okay...I was going to put a note in the old one to SEE THE NEW FORUM. So, maybe you wont have to for long! :wink: Thanks for your diligence! You are doing such a great job!
  • ivygirl328
    ivygirl328 Posts: 121
    Options
    Just curious - Do we know how we did point-wise last week and where we stand overall?

And, thank you again! I know that it must be a nightmare keeping all the cats herded and the information gathered. You are doing a great job, Captain and Co-Captain. Way to keep us moving!
  • vemaddox
    Options
    He who has health has hope, and he who has hope has everything. -Arabian Proverb

Today's mini challenge -50 tricep extensions (both arms)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM13vOcx1yw

Tomorrows mini challenge - 50 bicycle crunches

Ok i need some help....ive been trying to take a womans vitamin...ive tried everything...taking it with food, without food, cutting it in half and taking half with breakfast and half with lunch and no matter what i still feel sick soon after taking it....any other suggestions?
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    Vemaddox...I take vitafusion pre-natal gummies and they don't do anything to my tummy and I have a sensitive one...pre-natals just have extra stuff in them and a study said they are a great vitamin for a woman pregnant or not to take...no I'm not pregnant just in case u were wondering...lol
  • prettyprpro
    prettyprpro Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hey Monique,

I am going to commit to 3 extra miles. I am sorry that I am just posting this. I am having some computer problems. I will be up and running on Friday!
    DIVISION OF LABOR (100 MILES)

So far, here are the mile commitments and thanks to those who chimed in and have already starting pounding the pavement!

Lcoulter-14 miles
    Shenanigans-5 miles
    Maddox-10 miles
    Fitmom-10 miles
    CarmenSox-10 miles
    Cindy0716-5 miles
    Ivygirl328-15-20 miles
    Ana-5 miles
    Kap-10-12 miles
    Emswanson-5 miles
    Tarabear-5 Miles
    Iris-5 Miles
    Moonchild-5Miles
    OneLoveBud-2 Miles
    Cap (Mo) 8-10 miles

Alright...that puts us at 114 (for each person that gave a range, I used the lowest number i.e. for myself, I used the 8). We have a few more members and I need them to commit too so that they can catch the slack for others.

Now, here is how you can post everything in a simple way. If you have completed everything successfully for the day, you can say MISSIONS ACCOMPLISHED and then just add the amount of miles that you accomplished for the day. Now if you did NOT accomplish the mission, then you have to tell me where you slipped and then add your miles. I will keep track of the mileage to make sure that we do not get to the end and need 80 miles! LOLOL Any question...inbox me.

WE CAN DO IT...WE WILL DO IT...CONSIDER IT DONE!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    bump
  • vemaddox
    Options
    WATER CHECK!!!!!!

72 oz here
  • CarmenSox
    CarmenSox Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I am doing GREAT today! YAY!

I am at 64 ounces...not doing that great on water today....BUT

I did do the 50 swimmers presses and 50 tricep extensions, PLUS 25 push ups and the mini challenge from yesterday of 50 wide leg squats.

I also did the 1 extra mile, PLUS another 1 mile into my 10 for the week, so I have 2 miles down for the week so far, only 8 left to go! YAY! Kicking butt! :bigsmile:
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    AND HERE IS MY FAVORITE RECIPE, I am actually going to make this for dinner tonight! Its YUMMY!
    (I got it off of the Hungry Girls Website!!)

Chili's swap - Buffalo Chicken Fajita

Ingredients:
    1/4 cup Fiber One Original bran cereal
    Dash garlic powder
    Dash onion powder
    One 5-oz. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast cutlet, pounded to 1/3-inch thickness
    2 tbsp. fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
    3/4 cup sliced bell pepper
    1/2 cup sliced onion
    1 tbsp. Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
    1 tbsp. precooked real crumbled bacon (like the kind by Oscar Mayer)
    1 tbsp. crumbled blue cheese
    Optional: large lettuce leaves, salsa, fat-free sour cream

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.

Place cereal in a sealable plastic bag; remove air, and seal. Using a meat mallet (or other heavy utensil), crush cereal to a breadcrumb-like consistency through the bag. Add garlic powder and onion powder. Seal and shake to mix. Transfer to a plate and set aside.

Place chicken on another plate and top with egg substitute. Flip chicken to coat both sides. Gently shake chicken to remove excess egg substitute, and transfer to the plate of crumbs. Flip to coat both sides with crumbs.

Place chicken in the baking pan and bake in the oven until crispy and cooked through, about 30 minutes, carefully flipping about halfway through bake time. Set aside.

Meanwhile, bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add bell pepper and onion and, stirring occasionally, cook until softened, 6 - 8 minutes. Transfer veggies to a clean plate and set aside.

Combine hot sauce with 1 tbsp. water in a bowl, and mix well. Once chicken is cool enough to handle, carefully coat both sides of cooked chicken with sauce mixture. Slice chicken and place over the plated veggies. Top with any remaining sauce mixture.

Sprinkle chicken with bacon and blue cheese. If you like, wrap in lettuce leaves and top with salsa and sour cream. Enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: entire recipe
    Calories: 295
    Fat: 6g
    Sodium: 1,057mg
    Carbs: 23g
    Fiber: 9.5g
    Sugars: 5g
    Protein: 42g

HG FYI! Wanna add tortillas? Go for 2 small high-fiber flour tortillas with about 65 calories each; then your fajita meal will have about 425 calories, 10g fat.

Oh and they ARE the best with the tortillas, though you can do it either way!! :)
  • IRIST9975
    IRIST9975 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    This is a recipe made by Curtis Stone on the biggest loser, It is delicious, I hope you like it.

CHICKEN CACCIATORE
    Calories per serving: 300 Calories, 60 Fat Calories, 7g Fat, 1.5g Saturated Fat, 65mg Cholesterol, 470mg Sodium, 25g Carbs, 4g Fiber, 8g Sugar, 30g Protein

Serves 4

Ingredients
    2 teaspoons olive oil
    Four 4 ounce pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast
    1 cup onion, sliced thin
    1 clove garlic, chopped fine
    1 red bell pepper, cut into medium dice
    2 cups button mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
    1/4 cup red wine
    2 cups Muir Glen diced fire roasted tomatoes (sodium free)
    1 sprig thyme
    1 bay leaf
    1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
    1 cup broccoli, cut into small pieces
    1 tablespoon chopped parsley
    5 kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
    1 cup steamed brown rice to serve

Instructions
    1.Heat a large sauce pot over medium high heat and add 1 teaspoon of oil to the pan. Season the chicken with pepper and sear for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove the chicken to a plate and add the remaining oil to the pan.

2.Saute the onions for 3 minutes stirring constantly, then add the garlic and bell peppers. Cook the garlic and peppers for 2 minutes and add the mushrooms. Cook the mushrooms for 4 minutes stirring often. Add the red wine and allow to reduce until almost dry. Add the tomatoes to the pot and stir well. Add the thyme, bay leaf and oregano. Bring to the simmer and reduce heat to low.

3.Add the chicken back to the sauce and simmer gently for 8 to 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened slightly. Stir in all but one pinch of the parsley.

4.To serve, spoon 1/4 cup of brown rice onto the center of a serving plate. Place one portion of chicken on top of the rice and spoon some of the sauce and vegetables over the chicken, repeat with remaining plates. Sprinkle a little of the chopped olives and remaining parsley over each plate of chicken and serve.
  • IRIST9975
    IRIST9975 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED + 1 MILE

GREAT DAY TODAY, PUSHED MYSELF AND IT FEELS GREAT!!!!
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    My recipe Sesame Ginger Chicken Salad

1 (4oz) boneless skinless chicken breast 110 calories
    1 or 2 cups salad greens 15 calories
    1 Roma tomato 35 calories
    1/4 cup red onion diced 16 calories
    2 Tbsp Newman's Own Low-Fat Sesame Ginger Salad Dressing 35 cals.

Cook chicken on grill or bake, cut up and add to salad!
    Enjoy!!!
    I forgot this info...

4g fat
    55mg cholesterol
    721.3mg sodium
    10.3g carbs
    5.5g sugar
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    water = 64 oz so far
    challenge 50 deep swimmers presses = done!!

miles for today : 2.73 miles which puts me to 5.3 miles

under calorie count = done
    logged food = later tonight
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    everything accomplished today + swam 1 extra mile to bring my total extra miles this week to 3!