I get to see a nutritionist tomorrow...tips & questions?

Options
I recently found out my university has an on-staff nutritionist you can visit for FREE :)) I've been on a serious plateau, so I'm really looking forward to this. The office has tests that I'm going to take advantage of (BMR, TDEE, Body Fat %).

Are there any questions I should be asking? Things I shouldn't forget to bring up? Never been to anything like this before haha.

Replies

• pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    What a great resource for you to use! I would print out a week or two of your diary from MFP to show him/her and discuss. I would also ask about vitamins and minerals. Never been to a nutritionist either, but would be curious.
  • letsdothis2010
    letsdothis2010 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    What a great resource for you to use! I would print out a week or two of your diary from MFP to show him/her and discuss. I would also ask about vitamins and minerals. Never been to a nutritionist either, but would be curious.

Good idea! After the appointment I'll definitely do an update in case it helps anyone :)
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    bump curious to see how you appt goes
  • pixiechick8321
    pixiechick8321 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I would ask about your macronutrient ratio (fat/carbs/protein), get a body fat measurement, ask about multivitamins vs individual supplements, ask about food choices you've made, or that they recommend, and ask about your special needs (ie, joint health, women's health, etc)
  • letsdothis2010
    Options
    Good points pixiechick! Thanks!
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Is this a Dietitian, or a Nutritionist? Dietitians have four-year degrees in nutrition and have completed an internship. Dietitians must pass a registration exam, obtain a license, and get continuing education hours. Dietitians are often called nutritionists, but "nutritionist" can also be used by people not recognized as experts by many health organizations.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    since studies have proven that when you crave something, you are most often craving something IN that product/food that your body genuinely needs - i would make a list of the cravings that are most likely to criple you and ask what they have in common.
  • letsdothis2010
    Options
    Is this a Dietitian, or a Nutritionist? Dietitians have four-year degrees in nutrition and have completed an internship. Dietitians must pass a registration exam, obtain a license, and get continuing education hours. Dietitians are often called nutritionists, but "nutritionist" can also be used by people not recognized as experts by many health organizations.

Oops...her title is "Registered Dietitian & Nutritionist"