Replies

• lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Geeze I didnt know that! Thanks for the info
  • cheri03
    cheri03 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Have all of you bashing Insanity done it? I have totally toned up my legs. butt and arms (you can see the ripped muscles in my arms). You do not have to use weights to build muscle. Insanity does not lead to skinny fat.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Have all of you bashing Insanity done it? I have totally toned up my legs. butt and arms (you can see the ripped muscles in my arms). You do not have to use weights to build muscle. Insanity does not lead to skinny fat.

I don't know who was "bashing" Insanity. I was only answering the question about what skinny fat is. The girls in Insanity all can do many push-ups, off of their knees. So, if you can keep up with them then you're definitely NOT in the category of skinny fat. I have done both P90X and insanity many times over. They both have their benefits.
  • airind
    airind Posts: 31
    Options
    I need something a bit more than calisthenics at this point so based on the descriptions I'm thinking Insanity isn't right for me. I use calisthenic exercises a LOT in my bootcamps though and know the benefits they can provide!

I did end up ordering it through my rewards program and it should be here in 4-6 weeks, just in time for my bootcamps to finish up and the weather to turn cold. I work from home so finding the 90 minutes to complete the workouts shouldn't be too hard.

Thanks everyone!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan. I hope you love the DVD's.
  • iwineveryday75
    iwineveryday75 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ShrinkingNinja you look great! I tried P90X but unfortunately was not for me at the time I started it. I didn't have energy before the workouts and felt even more exhausted afterward. But I am so happy it worked out for you! Keep up the great work!
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    ShrinkingNinja you look great! I tried P90X but unfortunately was not for me at the time I started it. I didn't have energy before the workouts and felt even more exhausted afterward. But I am so happy it worked out for you! Keep up the great work!

Thank you.

Had this been my first program I might have felt the same way. I sorta worked up to it even though I never really thought about it that way until just now.
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I need something a bit more than calisthenics at this point so based on the descriptions I'm thinking Insanity isn't right for me. I use calisthenic exercises a LOT in my bootcamps though and know the benefits they can provide!

I did end up ordering it through my rewards program and it should be here in 4-6 weeks, just in time for my bootcamps to finish up and the weather to turn cold. I work from home so finding the 90 minutes to complete the workouts shouldn't be too hard.

Thanks everyone!

You will love it. I am going through withdrawal right now taking some time off before starting up again on Monday.