Errr...chub rub, anyone? (runners)

Options
So I'm getting back into running. Got up to 3.5 miles last night--yay me! Here's the issue. In the past, I've had a problem with shorts. As in, my crotch likes to eat them. So I wear yoga pants when I run now, and since I've been running indoors it's no biggie. Well, last night, I got total chub rub and have these two red sore spots on my groin area! Has anyone else experienced this, and what can I do to prevent it?!?! I would like to run relatively free of pain :)

Replies

• cvstokke
    cvstokke Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    bump - me too :(
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I use spandex shorts (they are super smooth and stop a lot of uncomfortable butt jiggle and wear my regular workout shorts on top of them. It removes the chafing that I've had in the past.
  • mish26
    mish26 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Body glide!!

I also wear compression shorts under my shorter running shorts a lot. They stay in place and don't bug me as much.
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    try antiperspirant (roll on best, but let dry - solid works too) to the areas. Ladies, this also helps those "shave bumps"
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Body Glide (they make a special one for women), Anti Monkey butt powder, and I guess Vagisil makes an anti-chafing gel? I've not used the last one, but hte first two rock! :)
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I bought work out pants- they are nylon/spandex material and stop a lot of the uncomfortble chafing. I also do the spandex under gym shorts.
  • lpeacock06
    lpeacock06 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    This has happened to me too w/ a particular pair of shorts I just don't wear them anymore. I also get chaffed under my breasts from sweat etc....I bought some body glide stuff & TRY to remember to use it...doesn't always happen tho
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    another vote for the body glide. it is ridiculously cheap for the length of time it lasts (at least for me). $13 for the large and it lasts 9 months or so.