Fairly new to my fitness pal

Options
Hi everyone! I started using the site about 2 weeks ago and love being able to track my food and exercise! Seeing my good and bad days helps me steer myself in the right direction.
Does anyone have any advise? I am all ears...I need to lose about 70 pounds, have lost 6 in 2 weeks.
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• statickey
    statickey Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome! im new as well and this site is so helpful and there's a lot of support here. I'll add you as a friend!

My only advice is to be honest on your food diary, its a great tool!
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are doing very well so far. I'm new too but have lost weight in the past and I say that if you just keep consistent with your food choices and move, you will succeed. The biggest thing that helped me was journaling, which is what led me here. I'm thrilled to have found this site. It was truly like a God-send.

Feel free to add me as a friend and I'll do whatever I can to encourage you. :)
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    great job with the 6 pound loss!! You are definately in the right place!! And yes, we all have good & bad days but when you surround yourself with supportive MFP friends, you find out just how normal you are. Feel free to add me!
  • Stacera
    Stacera Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    WOW! 6 in 2 weeks is fabulous!! Great job!!! I'm new-ish too.. been doing this 15 days. It just helps me over all to know.. hey these things are this many calories... do I still want to eat that? and also when I work out.. or most days it's just walks for me b/c i work 2 jobs and do various other things I am always wanting to push just a bit more to burn up more calories each day!

Welcome, I hope you love it and find the support you need on your journey to your goal!

Stacy:happy:
  • Deuce8301
    Options
    Most important part is just to force yourself away from the food you know is bad. Make smart decision's when you eat. If you say, this one time won't hurt, the one time turns in to many times. Stay on course.
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    That advice is so true! I found that if I put in exactly what I ate it makes me accountable for my actions and makes me think about how to better my food choices. I can say that since my entire backyard is garden with both fruit and vegi's I have no excuses like eating healthy is more expensive (which it is) but I can and freeze foods all summer so I have vegi's that have no pesticides and did not sit in a store or on a truck before I bought them.
  • SailingMike
    SailingMike Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    My advice is a bit different. I lost 35lbs some years ago and put 20 back on.

I say its about learning to be healthy:

1. Eat a proper diet - fads and extreme dieting does not work long term
    2. Exercise regularly. MFP helps to encourage me to do this by rewarding me for my exercise.
    3. DON'T deny yourself. Its OK to have a bite of cake or pie or a couple of chips. The point is to learn MODERATION. Denial, in my opinion leads to failure long term.
    4. Be honest in your food and exercise diary.

GOOD LUCK!
  • lgwmab
    lgwmab Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! I'm new to FP as well, what I have learned is similar to what Mike said don't deny yourself the food, instead learn moderation. I have learned if I want that Big Mac, well. I better be willing to walk it off, so the Big Mac is not the only thing I eat in a day. I try to take one day as a day to relax each week, but the long walks have been some great alone time for me, a great time to get rid of some stress.
    For me weight loss is an up hill battle, always has been, I can hit 140, but then the pounds come back. I have heredity, and birth control pills fighting against me, but I need to loose the weight, adn will.
    Congratulations on your 6 pounds, you are doing great!