I need some support BADLY

Options
I have been on a "lifestyle change" for about a month and a half now. I have lost 12 pounds and I was doing really good. Eating right, drinking tons of water, staying optimistic and everything. I am falling off slowly but surely. I am still drinking water and exercising EVERY SINGLE DAY but I am getting burned out. I am getting to the point where I am eating whatever the hell I want to and I dont want to be like that. I have been depressed for the past 2 weeks and It is really effecting everything in my life.

I feel like I have been working too damn hard to give up, but I also feel like I should be seeing more results. I was so motivated and so into it in the beginning, but now its just like...whatever. The emotional eating thing has got to be stopped or I know I will get no where. It seems so easy to some people, why is it so hard for me?

I went to a step aerobic class last night and it was only my 2nd time going so of course I didnt know all the moves like the others did, they have been going for a long time and I know at one point they were probably in my position. But I couldnt even stand to look at myself in the mirrors that are lined up across the WHOLE wall. I was the fattest, most unattractive girl in there and I was lost and couldnt keep up. Thats how my life feels right now. I stayed in the class until the end and did the best I could, but instead of being proud of that, I cried the whole drive home. I can't believe I have let my life get to this. I am so unhappy and that should be my motive to get myself out of this rut and continue, but I'm so depressed with everything that I just dont know if I can. Its not just the weight I am depressed about, I have been through alot in my life and the skeletons in my closet just wont go away.

I am in DESPERATE need of advice from people who have been here.

Thanks,
Amy

Replies

• Broken_
    Broken_ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I've been where you are.

I'm going to send you a friend request so I can cheer you on :)

You can do this~!
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Add me! I will do my best to support you and you can chat in my support group as well. Don't give up!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Its not easy at all! Which is why we are all here! I am going to friend you and try to help you too! You really can do it. You just need to get over this hump!
  • hannahcf
    hannahcf Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I will be happy to support you.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    First, stop exercising every single day. You can have rest days. I only exercise 3 days a week strength training and then run afterwards.

Second, you don't have to quit the "bad" stuff cold turkey, or at all if you don't want. Consume it in moderation and you'll be fine.
  • TashaP2011
    TashaP2011 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you would like. We all go thru times like this - some worse than others! Don't forget to read your profile page - it can remind you of why you started this. Keep the things in mind that help you feel better and add them. It is all worth it! You deserve the best!
  • y0moma0203
    Options
    Simply the fact that you are writing about and trying to get help shows just how much you want to loose the weight. I know exactly how you feel but you need to stay optimistic. Try cooking differrent foods. mix things up. Make sweet potatoe fries in the oven and snack on them. or have them with a steak for dinner. or with fish. If you dont want to take a group exericers class then put on your headphones and go run at the park . You are your strongest motivation and you can do this!
  • chubbychic86
    chubbychic86 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am just coming back from feeling like that. Believe be 12 lbs is 1.5 months is perfect, thats 2 lbs a week, just like you are suppose to do it!! I'll send a friend request so we can cheer eachother on... one thing you may want to try is measuring your self. Inches lost are better than numbers on the scale and muscle weighs more than fat so it could come to the point where you are losing inches and not losing and numbers for a couple weeks. I've heard week 6 and 7 are your plateau weeks and just push past this and keep doing an amazing job!!
  • gsnap30
    gsnap30 Posts: 67
    Options
    you can do this! add me for support! dont give up!
  • TashaP2011
    TashaP2011 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I agree with the poster above about not exercising every day. I only work out on MT and ThF - that way, I tell myself - It's only two days - I can do anything for two days. I have had really good results with it.
    Good luck!
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    aw man, I think we all know that feeling. Just last night I was really bummed out about it all. I wasn't seeing a result n the scale for a while and I started reading a lot of different information that was just overwhelming. I drank a glass of water and went to bed instead of eating.

I upped my calories to above my BMR. I was eating 200 below my BMR and I've come to the conclusion that is dangerous. You could be not eating enough and then it gets emotional because you feel helpless. You will lose the weight in time, but I promise, you want to do it slowly. Fast weight loss is not a good idea because you will lose muscle and be weak.

Just take it little by little. Maybe just do some stuff at home for a bit and cut little things our of your diet for now. When you get used to the change, it will be easier to give up those things.

Also, don't be afraid to talk to people about the rough patches in your life. Even on here, we don't know you at all, so there is no real judgement or bias if you wanted to spill.
  • kunfused
    kunfused Posts: 13
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. You went to the class and that is half the battle for me. I am almost 49 and went to a Zumba class. I couldn't do hardly any of the moves and found out that I have no rhythm. I just kept moving and sweating and by the end of the ten weeks I knew some of the steps. I will never be able to move like they do but, I am up and moving. Don't let the depression and tears win. I like dancing my own dance.
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    You're not in that boat alone, I am right in there with you!

Having a majorly tough time at the minute, but finding a lot of great support on here.

Friend request on it's way...
  • txchic_73
    txchic_73 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel about falling off the wagon and finding it hard not to eat whatever you want to eat. I have done that several times. But you just have to pick yourself up and keep going. Maybe if you change your workout routine that will help to keep you motivated. I can get bored very easily by doing the same kind of exercise all the time. I have started going to Zumba classes & they are so much fun. There are people in the class that are skinny, heavy, young & old. We all just do what we can do, and just keep moving. You should find a workout partner maybe that will help to support you on this journey as well. Do you have a friend who could workout with you? Just some suggestions. We are all in this together and each day is a struggle for alot of us so just keep your chin up and push thru and you will see changes! :smile:
  • mrspenton2009
    mrspenton2009 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am sending you a friend request. There are times when things seem so rough and so hard, but those times are only tests and trials given to us by God to make sure that we are ready for the next level that he is planning to move us to. Hang in there honey!!!
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about entering an exercise class for the first time and feeling awkward trying to keep up. I know the feeling! I avoided classes because I didn't want to look "stupid". When I finally got the courage to try, I felt discouraged at first just like you. But with time, I was humming right along with everybody else. It takes time, and you're right, everybody has been a first-timer at some point. Give yourself a break and keep at it.

I tried Zumba for the first time a few months ago. It was a challenge to keep up, but I was having so much fun that I didn't CARE what anybody else thought. I was in my own little zone, dancing (and flailing) quite exuberantly, LOL. I just hope I didn't injure any of the people in the vicinity...:laugh:
  • McWilkie
    McWilkie Posts: 27
    Options
    Feel free to add me for support :) since you're about 6 weeks into your lifestyle change and came up depressed in the last 2 weeks-I'd make extra sure that you're getting enough b vitamins...Maybe take a multi-vitamin if you're not and omega 3 via fish, walnuts, almonds, flax or supplements is great for depression. Hang in there! You're doing great!
  • stelid
    stelid Posts: 60
    Options
    Hey there!
    I don't know what it's like to be you, but I have had my "down" weeks for sure! I have broken down from time to time and gotten very emotional and depressed, too. There are times when I see people eating whatever they want and drinking whatever they want and they are super skinny and it makes me feel like I have to try hard, workout like a beast, and eat teeny weeny portions just to look average-overweight. Its so hard to stay motivated sometimes, especially when I feel on top of my exercise/eating healthy routine one week, and so over it the next.
    Keep at it though, try to celebrate what you have accomplished so far and imagine achieving little goals each week that will eventually add up. I think its great that you have lost this much weight in that amount of time, and you are incredible for doing something active every single day! Don't feel bad for taking a break here and there--you are doing fantastic!! Brave through the "rough times" as best you can--don't beat yourself up. We all have them. :)
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    You've gotta take those days off from exercising! I tried for all of July going everyday..& yo-yo'd the same 3 lbs back & forth all month! I took a week "off" and did mait. cals then went back on track this week...lost that 3lbs! But I'm only doing C25K every M,W,F & then little walks or stretching on my off days.
    Give yourself one day a week where you log your food, but indulge for one meal. Do a "major" workout 3-4 days a week, but then just maybe a 10 min walk to get away the other days, not so much to burn, but to feel like you didn't sit.

You're at the beginning of this journey & it'll take time to get past the bumps & plateaus that make up a change in your life! The longer you keep it up, the more your kids will notice & start joining in. Buy a workout DVD for at home for those days you don't wanna face the gym, but you know you need to exercise, or just take a walk. Even sitting on an exercise ball & bouncing while watching TV burns some great calories & your kids will think you're just cool! LOL!

Feel free to friend me! I've not been at this but a few months & I've got a long way to go still on where I want to be, but the more the merrier to help us both get there! :o)
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    It's good for your body to give it a rest day every now and then. A day out of the gym to recover from working so had.

You got this.