Yoga on Exercise TV?

Options
I'm on Day 16 of Chris Freytag's 30-day schedule for the 10 lb. slimdown series, but I have a hard time keeping up with her Vinyasa sequences (downward dog to chatarunga, then cobra, then back to downward dog) in her Yoga workout, which I've done twice now. Exercise TV also removed her Upper Body workout on me, so I had to find a substitute for that to stay on schedule (I'm using Cindy Whitmarsh's Tank Top Arms). I'm also completely unable to wrap my arms behind my back & under my leg from warrior or runner's pose, so I'd ideally like to use a routine that doesn't use that position.

I wonder if there's a slightly slower, more beginner-level Yoga workout on Exercise TV that I could try? The 10 lb. slimdown one is 20-22 minutes, but I wouldn't even mind something a little longer (30-35 min), if it was easier for me to follow.

TIA for any recommendations.

p.s. Please do not recommend P90X yoga. It has the pretzel position I know I can't do, and I do not have 60-90 minutes to spend on it.

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    If you like everything else on the sequence, here are my recommendations:
    from down dog to chaturanga - put you knees down first to go to chaturanga - I'm assuming here, it's the upper body that is having a hard time

are your hands in reverse prayer position in warrior? I'm not sure which warrior pose you're asking about, but if you can't put your hands in that position, just grab your elbows with your fingers.

I don't know much about exercise tv, but yoga journal has some great, free, podcasts.

Hope that helps