Halfway there - 40lbs down 40 to go (PICS)

Options
mced80
mced80 Posts: 18 Member
So I started my journey back in the spring when I weighed 245 lbs. I was down on myself and knew I needed a change. I was totally inactive and eating junk non-stop. Here is a pic of me @ my heaviest (I am 5'9"):

Untitled.jpg

So, over the past 4 months I have been working hard - although, I know I can work harder! My diet has changed dramatically (thanks to MFP) and I am working out 5-6 days a week. My BP is down to 109/62 and my resting HR is now 56. I am down from a 42 waist to a 36. Looking in the mirror I do not see a change, but I do in my clothes. My goal is 165 lbs by Christmas. This picture was taken this AM:

photo5.jpg

Replies

• mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    great job!!
  • Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    what you cant see a diff?! I def can see a change you stud!
  • o0oBonnieo0o
    Options
    Awesome , keep up the great work :) maybe try and not look in the full size mirrors for two weeks only face ! You'd prob see the difference:)
  • jkline919
    Options
    I know how you feel about not being able to see the change in the mirror, but you MUST feel fantastic. 40 lbs is a ton of weight!!! I have lost 10 and can't seem to see it in the mirror either, but I am down a pant size and working on going down another. You look fantastic, and like I said, it is way more about how you FEEL than how you think you look. You can run circles around the old you, I am sure!

Keep up the great work.
  • mced80
    Options
    Thanks! I think it is just a mental thing (not seeing the change)...I def. feel a huge difference!
  • Shells06
    Shells06 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I can definitey see a difference! Keep up the good work :smile:
  • mathlete99
    mathlete99 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Um, wow!!! You are doing great young man. Thank you for sharing, great inspiration. Keep it up :)
  • bens_mommy
    bens_mommy Posts: 219
    Options
    I can DEFINITELY see a difference, especially in your face. You look amazing!
  • bens_mommy
    bens_mommy Posts: 219
    Options
    Thanks! I think it is just a mental thing (not seeing the change)...I def. feel a huge difference!

You probably don't see a change because it's more or less been gradual. But believe all of us when we say, MEGA change! :drinker:
  • TxAngel79
    TxAngel79 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I think alot us don't see a change when we look in the mirror! I still see an overweight woman when I look in the mirror, but the clothes tell me different! You look AMAZING by the way!!! Good job!!!! :smile:
  • Riley4ever
    Riley4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    That's why photo's are such a good record - you can see a massive difference; you've lost loads of weight from your face and no moobs or tummy anymore :) well done on a brilliant achievement!
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I think you look great!!!
  • mced80
    Options
    Thanks all! I am going to try to post every ten pounds. I should have done that from the start. All the comments really help and are a great motivator! Thank you for the kind words!!
  • mced80
    Options
    @Namaste1983 - that is an amazing transformation!
  • MarchelleLynne
    MarchelleLynne Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    looking good!!
  • brianay
    brianay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I have no doubt in my mind that you will reach your goal
  • wozzy38
    wozzy38 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • lisafred24
    lisafred24 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    there is a big difference in your face and chest. Congratulations.
  • rjbrowne82
    rjbrowne82 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You look great. Keep it up
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!