Help! Weight loss???????

Options
Can someone give me advice? Check out my diary and let me know what I need to change to lose weight. I am trying so hard not to get frustrated. . . . I know my diary has some room for improvement. I am 208 pounds. I work out and stay under my calories daily. I have not lost a single pound for months!!!!!! Just about 2 weeks ago, I started eating less carbs. I'm trying to get the majority of my calories from protein/fat. That seems to jump- start a lot of peoples weight-loss but just doesn't seem to be working for me. I try to eat fresh and organic food. I try to make everything from scratch. My hubby loves to eat out, and I do my best to use caution when we do. I know that that might be what is derailing my weight loss. Please I am begging for answers!!!!!! I will try any suggestions, short of leaving my husband:)
I am not trying to be thin. I want to be healthy. I quit smoking a few months ago. I work out. I feel like I eat right the majority of the time. I set my goal to lose 1 1/2 pound per week and I set my lifestyle as sedentary. I SHOULD be losing weight, right? Or at least inches? Yep, I'm not losing inches either.

Replies

• eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I only looked back a few days but it looks like you're generally significantly under your calories. You may not be eating enough to fuel your body properly so it's holding on to every ounce it can. Try eating closer to your goal for a couple of weeks & see it that kick starts it!
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing. Eating WAY under your calories is a disservice to you and your body. If you eat close to what MFP gives you (and I eat back most of my exercise calories as well) you will likely find that you'll start losing again.

It usually takes a couple weeks of eating more to suddenly drop weight though because you're body is shocked by the extra food and isn't sure it's there to stay.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I only looked back a few days but it looks like you're generally significantly under your calories. You may not be eating enough to fuel your body properly so it's holding on to every ounce it can. Try eating closer to your goal for a couple of weeks & see it that kick starts it!

Yup
  • angel_eyes17
    angel_eyes17 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    A quick scan of your diary tells me you need to eat more. I know that sounds insane, but if you don't eat enough, your body goes into starvation mode and it won't allow you to lose weight. When you eat more, make sure it's clean eating. Some people think, "Oh, I should eat more, break out the chocolate." Not good. Eat whole grains, eat enough protein (1 gram per pound I believe, but confirm that) fruits, veggies, low fat dairy, fish, watch condiments... they tend to pack on fat and calories pretty quickly. Organic is great. From scratch is awesome!

Also, I would track water just so you make sure you are drinking enough. Water is essential. Also, maybe keep an eye on your sodium intake. I don't know what it is because its not there, but just keep that in mind.
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising?Is it the same every day? If so...mix it up :) Also, pick up some weights and weight train, it will help you lose those inches.
  • DRJJ2004
    DRJJ2004 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I just looked back a couple days as well. Are you drinking water? You should have at least 8 - 8oz glasses per day if not more. I also noticed you don't eat much fruit? You might add a little more to your diet. You need the balance of fruits, veggies, protein and whole grains. How often do you work out? You'll need more calories on those days. I try not to go into mine too much when I excercise, but that's my preference and I'm currently losing that way..you might try eating more since you're not.
  • rebysue
    rebysue Posts: 136
    Options
    Ditto on everything above! My husband has struggled with this same problem. He is almost 300 pounds and he'll come home from work and tell me that he did so GOOD today because he's only eaten 500 calories! Then he gets frustrated when he doesn't lose anything! He finally let me take over his meal planning and about freaked when he saw how much food I wanted him to eat....BUT....IT'S WORKING! Eat most of your calories in the morning/early afternoon and set a time at night that you stop eating (for us it's 8:00). It sounds crazy to eat more to lose weight but it really does work! :smile:
  • RagtimeLady
    RagtimeLady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Okay.. I'm going to give you another opinion...

I see that a lot of your calorie burn is for things like moving furniture, carrying boxes up stairs, "work-heavy" whatever that is, gardening, cleaning, walking (5 hours? Are you a waitress or something?) I'm not questioning your integrity in logging these items, but I would suggest that unless your activities really get your blood pumping - your heart rate up and your breathing faster, don't log it and don't eat back the calories. I think a certain amount of activity like cleaning or gardening might already be accounted for in your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure). It just looks like some of your calorie expenditure might be overstated.

Just a thought...
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    You need to kick butt in your workouts and track your sodium. Workouts I mean jog/run/HiiT/take a class - something that you won't ordinarily do. You have loss a good amount of weight already and your body just want to return back. You have to switch it up and surprise your body.
  • happymom1197
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate the input:)
  • Maxbjd
    Maxbjd Posts: 14
    Options
    HappyMom...you defenitely need to turn up the burn on the workouts!
    You need to get out and walk or bike at least 3 times a week.
    Then you need some sort of weight training, light weight high reps.
    Get a trainer if you have to but you gotta kick it into another gear!
    Also, I am seeing a lot of processed food on your log...it might say reduced
    this and that but it is crap...period!
    Cut out the cheese the breads and stuff like that and those awful Rockstar drinks!
    Get a good protein shake regimen going in the morning.
    I use Soy protein with spirulina and almond milk....add fruit and blend...nice!
    Drink water..lots and lots!