Is it possible?

Options
I am so close to my latest goal, but I'm running short on time! I would like to lose 5 more lbs by September 2nd. I just don't know if it's possible. I didn't have much to lose to start with....and it took me 6 months to lose 15 lbs. Granted, I put on some muscle too, so I'm sure that had a lot to do with it. I'm supposed to be in a wedding in just over 3 weeks and had been my goal to lose 15lbs by then...I made it! Yay! But I'm still not satisfied. I want to lose 5 more. I mean really, REEEAAALLLLY want to! Any advice to healthily make it happen? I already eat great but I am currently toying with how my body responds to less carbs. I'm not cutting them out or anything...just more protein and a lot less carbs. I need to up my water intake for sure and I'm thinking of trying to add in a second little workout in the mornings. So other than that, any advice?

Replies

• pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    If you cut down on carbs , you will lose weight instantly.

Don't fool yourself into thinking you lost a bunch of fat in a couple days, but you lose a lot of water weight since water binds to carbs. You should also see your stomach go down noticeably in the first few days since carbs bloat.

Not sure if its a wedding or something you're wanting to lose that for, but if there truly is a deadline, I'd recommend that.

If that doesn't work, doing a week of juicing would likely get you down as well.

Again, the reason for why you're needing to do this for Sept 2nd is relevant. You will lose weight juicing, but losing weight to lose weight is not necessarily healthy.
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    fufonzo- She is losing it for a wedding

Have you tried doing interval running/walking? Definitely drink lots of water. Maybe try something intense like a Jillian Michael's workout or Insanity
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I have had this goal of 5 more lbs for a few weeks now and just can't get it to budge. Jillian Michael's workouts is how I lost the initial 15....I love her workouts! I think it's going to take a few weeks of EXTREMELY strict eating and some kick butt working out to get the scale moving again. Hopefully I just need a big push and then maybe I can slack up a bit after it gets moving again.