OT But So Cool :)

frithir
frithir Posts: 179 Member
edited September 2022 in Chit-Chat
Taking a walk to the bridge and back is something I do daily as part of my exercise routine. Singing is one of the greatest joys in my life (thankfully for everything around that has ears, I've been told enough times that I have a beautiful singing voice, I'll take it as fact :wink: ) so singing while I'm walking makes the experience more of a treat and less of a chore. Usually, the horses, cows and various and sundry other critters I encounter along the way go about their business and don't seem to care one way or another about my serenades but today, I was strolling along, singing Ave Maria when I noticed a dove fly in and land on a tree I was passing. Nothing unusual there ~ we have a pair of doves that roost in a tree here at the house and we see them every day at the bird feeder. I took a few steps and looked over again to find the dove fluttering from tree to tree, like it was following me. It kept this up until I finished the song I was singing then flew off. When I was growing up, I was always told that the dove was "God's bird" so it kind of gave me goosebumps to be singing that particular hymn and have a dove appear to be following me.

Replies

• frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    Taking a walk to the bridge and back is something I do daily as part of my exercise routine. Singing is one of the greatest joys in my life (thankfully for everything around that has ears, I've been told enough times that I have a beautiful singing voice, I'll take it as fact :wink: ) so singing while I'm walking makes the experience more of a treat and less of a chore. Usually, the horses, cows and various and sundry other critters I encounter along the way go about their business and don't seem to care one way or another about my serenades but today, I was strolling along, singing Ave Maria when I noticed a dove fly in and land on a tree I was passing. Nothing unusual there ~ we have a pair of doves that roost in a tree here at the house and we see them every day at the bird feeder. I took a few steps and looked over again to find the dove fluttering from tree to tree, like it was following me. It kept this up until I finished the song I was singing then flew off. When I was growing up, I was always told that the dove was "God's bird" so it kind of gave me goosebumps to be singing that particular hymn and have a dove appear to be following me.
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    He's smiling on you:heart:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    That is so cool! :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    oh wow what a lovely story id be like you go with that thought who knows if you read the bible alot of amazing things happen so why not something so simple as a dove listening to you sing letting you know god is near. thanks for shearing its brightened my day alittle
  • Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Oh wow! :happy: I wish I could've been there.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    That is neat and one never knows what God may be using as a sign.:smile:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Way too kewl! For some reason, whenever I attempt to sing, vultures descend? :huh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    what a beautiful story, thank you so much for sharing!

When my mom passed away 21 years ago we were sitting in the living room, looking out the window. I was praying, "Lord let me know she is ok" A white dove landed on my car, cooed for a moment, and flew away.

I have never doubted there was a God since that day.:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Ooohhh...that gave me goosebumps.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member

Beautiful...glad you shared!:flowerforyou: I too have always thought of doves as very special signs of God's presence....eons back when I moved to NC for awhile....I felt so lost and homesick, was beginning to doubt it was a good decision. My hubby and I were out and about driving through the beauty of the country roads and turned down a small road and all the sudden hundreds of doves desended down in front of the car as we were slowing down to turn around. Soooooooooo lovely! I don't think either one of us will ever forget that experience.

When life is at it's toughest I find I see a dove in the tree.....then another.... they travel in pairs so to me it's always a real sign when I see the 2 of them flutter above my path.

Thanks for the lovely memories...frithir:flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Story so wonderful it brought a tear to my eye.
    God is there with us always, if we just look for the small signs, like the dove in the tree, smiling on us as we sing and appreciate God's beautiful world.
This discussion has been closed.