Whats your secret?

MissGorgeous
MissGorgeous Posts: 394 Member
edited September 2022 in Chit-Chat
is the question i hear most often ...
so since we are all here on MFP
we know we ALL count calories

but what is YOUR trick?
what do you eat? how many times a day? ect?
how do YOU stay motivated?
what work out helps/helped you most?
and how often do you work out?

Replies

• MissGorgeous
    MissGorgeous Posts: 394 Member
    is the question i hear most often ...
    so since we are all here on MFP
    we know we ALL count calories

but what is YOUR trick?
    what do you eat? how many times a day? ect?
    how do YOU stay motivated?
    what work out helps/helped you most?
    and how often do you work out?
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    hello there
    use this site , and the people here they are great they will always give you the support you will need
  • eriny
    working out
    for me its about 20 - 35 min day m-f
    machine weights and i just started that oct 31 08
    since jan 15 08 started doing pushups sit ups crunches leg and knee lifts still do them before gym
  • eriny
    as far as food
    3 times a day
    and im at 1800 calories
  • count calories
    and
    run 5 days a week
  • Kateeliz
    Kateeliz Posts: 147 Member
    count calories
    eat exercise calories
    bike or walk 45 min at least 4 times a week
  • Lib1927
    Lib1927 Posts: 44 Member
    I haven't started to exercise yet, I know its important, and I will start, but will I lose just by counting calories?
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    What keeps me motivated: Not wanting to outgrow all my clothes like I did two years ago :angry:
    Wanting to be healthy for the rest of my life
    Knowing that my running and cycling will improve the lighter I am

Logging in everything I eat keeps me honest (even today, when, even though we're not having our Thanksgiving dinner until Sunday, I ate an entire frozen pizza for dinner...I logged it, though, so I could see the damage and learn from it.).

I eat 5-6 times a day, including a late-night snack (I know this goes against what a lot of people believe but you asked what works for YOU, so I'm being honest! I cannot sleep when I'm hungry, and the snack is, of course, always within my calorie limits.)

I always eat a substantial breakfast, and I always eat my exercise calories.
    Oh, and I lift weights - for me, this is the one exercise that has made the biggest difference. I really needed to build some calorie-burning muscle in order to get this process going.

Today I ran the slowest 5K race of my life---a big lesson (seriously - there was a kindergartner in front of me)! I have lots more work to do, but I'm getting there.

Melanie
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    I haven't started to exercise yet, I know its important, and I will start, but will I lose just by counting calories?

Yes, you can lose weight just by creating a deficit in your eating. Exercise is important for cardio healthy, toning, etc. but you can lose weight with just cutting back on eating.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    --I eat 3 meals plus 3 snacks a day--between 1400-1500 calories.

--I exercise 5 days a week for at least 60-80 minutes (longer usually if cycling). During warm weather, I pretty much only cycle. I am now stuck in the gym for the winter :grumble: Although, mixing it up will help maintain weight loss on a steady basis (usually) I just love to cycle too much to give it up in warm weather! I don't do weights yet

--I eat "regular" food. Nothing special. I have cut back on my sodium (so very little processed foods) and I have increased my fiber

--I don't eat a lot of veggies. I will have them usually with either lunch or dinner, seldom both. I just really don't like many of them (except for squash and now bell peppers!). I know I should eat more of them but yuck! I don't do salads, so trying to find new ways of eating the few I do like is sometimes difficult but I do try

--For motivation: how I am looking and feeling. And, I want to know what it feels like to be at a healthy weight for the first time since about 9th grade (which was a long long long time ago)
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    workout 4-5 times per week, do both cardio and strength training, log each and everything I eat. :drinker:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    I run 3 days a week and eat 1400cals plus exercise cals. AND I drink at least 2L of water a day... That REALLY REALLY helps.. I didnt think it made a difference until I stopped and started again
This discussion has been closed.