Need ideas to increate protein?

Options
2»

Replies

• TyHobbit
    TyHobbit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've just recently been doing some research on the subject of protein and what I have found is to make sure you are getting your protein from a verity of sources. Some of the meats will have the amino acids you need, but not all of the protein can be absorbed by the body, and with plant protein it can be vis versa.

I know that doesn't help in your question of where to find any, but just something to keep in mind.

Verity is the spice of life (in more ways than one).
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Now that I'm home i can look at the items I have in my cupboard and tell you the protein content.

Tasty Bite Spice It Up Madras Lentils 7g per 5 oz serving (150 calories)-bought at Costco
    Seeds of Change Uyumi Quinoa & Whole Grain Brown Rice w/garlic 6g (240 calories) for 1 Cup-bought at Costco
    Trader Joe's Black Beluga Lentils fully cooked 16g (200 calories) for 4 oz
    LARA Bars are awesome for a snack I have the Cherry and Lemon which have 5 g each and the Cashew that is 6 g
  • Taralmh
    Taralmh Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Health wise has fruit drinks protein bars chips cereal soups etc. All have high protein and low calories. For instance a bag of ranch chips has 15 g protein and only 130 calories. I bought mine online. Just search health wise foods.
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Buy a protein powder for shakes. I use EAS 100% Whey protein and you can buy a 2lb bucket for $20 at Target. 20g of protein per scoop. Comes in vanilla and chocolate. I put half a cup of frozen fruit, 1 cup of skim milk, 1.5 scoops or powder, and 6 ice cupes and make a shake after working out.

Also, try protein bars. Most come in 10 or 20g of protein. I eat Cliff Builder's bars. 20g of protein and very tasty.

THIS!!! there is only so much meat a girl can eat!