ugh, please help I have terrible gas pains or indigestion

Options
hi guys, oh I think the Thanksgiving dinner caught up to me. It is 2:30 in the morning and I just woke up to feeling like someone is stabbing me in the stomach with knives. I just ate some Tums and took acid reducer pills. the pain is almost unbearable, does anyone know of any remedies. I have only ever felt like this once before, It's like the worst gas pain imaginable.
Do you think it's just from overeating and not being used to eating like this anymore? i can hardly stand the pain. I feel like I need to throw up but I can't
:sad:

Replies

• willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    hi guys, oh I think the Thanksgiving dinner caught up to me. It is 2:30 in the morning and I just woke up to feeling like someone is stabbing me in the stomach with knives. I just ate some Tums and took acid reducer pills. the pain is almost unbearable, does anyone know of any remedies. I have only ever felt like this once before, It's like the worst gas pain imaginable.
    Do you think it's just from overeating and not being used to eating like this anymore? i can hardly stand the pain. I feel like I need to throw up but I can't
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Aww, sorry you're feeling so lousy! I felt the same way earlier, but a trip to the bathroom and A LOT of burping helped me feel better eventually! Guess all you can do is wait it out.
    Lucky for us, we don't have holidays to pig out on that often!
  • ali_uk
    ali_uk Posts: 16
    Options
    Hope you are OK
    Could you try a gentle walk or is it the middle of the night? Just might help it go down a bit.
    Ali
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    If you ate more yesterday than you normally would.....I imagine it's merely your body saying...WHAT THE HECK?:bigsmile:

I've used alka seltzer in the past...someone mentioned burping....so yes, baking soda and water combo will give the same effect if you don't have alka seltzer in the house.... keep downing the water....that should help too.......

Oh the lessons our body tries to teach us.... :bigsmile:

Feel better.... :flowerforyou:
  • vegasmellie
    vegasmellie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you're feeling horrible. I've had terrible indigestion too, so I know what you're going through! (I've even thrown up :ohwell: )The best suggestion is to get up and walk around. That sometimes helps with digestion.

love the pics of your puggies!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: