mexican restaurant

Options
Please help me make a healthy choice from this menu - http://www.iguanas.co.uk/pdf_menus/las-iguanas-bristol-food-menu.pdf

I am going on Friday and I want to be well prepared to make healthy choices!

Thank you

Replies

• 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Chicken fajitas are generally a good choice at mexican restaurants. You get grilled chicken and veggies this way. Avoid the sour cream and you can even eat the fajita fixins without eating the tortillas to save more calories. Remember the chips and salsa add up fast on calories!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Remember the chips and salsa add up fast on calories!

SO TRUE! I never realized you could rack up 1,000 calories easily with a bowl of chips and salsa from a restaurant.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    The menu was a little hard to see but anything grilled should be ok. Watch the refried beans, cheese, rice and creamy sauces.
    Or eat half and take the other half home. If you are going with a lot of people maybe get a few entrees and share them all so you get a few bites of everything and don't feel deprived. I do it all the time and you would be surprised how many people love sharing a bunch of different stuff. Get water with lemon instead of soda or if you are having a alcoholic drink watch the fruit juices and soda. Enjoy!