New mum trying to shed baby fat plus some more

mypie
mypie Posts: 15 Member
I have a 3 months old baby and I am now ready to shed the weight I gained during and after my pregnancy. I hope its goes ok and I am successful as we have a holiday in june next year and I would love to fit in my clothes without feeling uncomfortable.

Is there any mum out there have an ideas on losing weight and excercising with baby in toe.

Replies

• I too have a three month old! I luckily have a husband who will watch the kids while I go to the gym every night. But If that's not an option, you can walk and walk and walk with an ergo carrier. They are the BEST. Super comfy.
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    I've got a 23 month old and a 4 month old so I understand :) I'm wanting to lose about 30 pounds (almost 14 kg) and know how hard it is.
    Like mypie says, I've head the Ergo carrier is great! Do you have someone who would be willing to watch your baby while you exercise? Perhaps switch with another mum and you can rotate?

All the best in your weightloss!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    I have a 7 mos old-started this site when he turned a mos old-I started out w/ walking and watching calories the went to doing dvd's. I did jillian michaels 30 day shred then went from there. I've seen great results. Good luck and stay motivated
  • Ahendon824
    Ahendon824 Posts: 22 Member
    In the same boat! But my little girl is now 8 months! I actually play with my daughter to get part of a work out! Other times I do work outs and she finds it amusing. You have to try to do what will work for you and your little one! Good luck!
  • I got a jogging stroller so that I can still go running in the mornings when my husband goes to work early. It has worked great! It took some getting used to but after about 3 runs I had the hang of it. Definitely the best investment I have made towards weight loss.
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    I agree with all the Ergo suggestions, I LOVE walking with my Ergo, so does my son!
  • diana109
    diana109 Posts: 113 Member
    Walking, walking and walking. Workout DVD's also are great help if you do those when baby is sleeping or can participate in a few. In my area there are programs for moms that incorporate the baby into the workout, not sure where you are but worth doing some investigating. Good luck!! :smile:
  • mypie
    mypie Posts: 15 Member
    thank you all for the replies. I have a fab mother in law who will mind my lo anytime for me to let me get to the gym but until now I have reluctant to leave her but now realise I need to do stuff for me so I can be a better mummy. I have been doing a 3 mile walk 3 times a week but still eating like a horse so not seeing benefits :laugh: I was given a baby carrier by a friend so might hunt that out and get out walking with missy.

Oh love the app - I have tracked now for 3 days and its so easy.