how long did it take?

Options
I have been tracking my food and exercising 3 to 4 times a week and the first week I lost two pounds and this is my third week and when I stepped on the scale Im right back to where I started. Its hard to not get frustrated but I am just gonna keep trying. But how long does it take to start seeing some weight loss?

Replies

• rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    It is a slow process, don't give up. Slow is the way to go, you and your body have a lot to learn to keep from gaining again. It took me about a month to really start seeing regular progress.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    log every bite, log every workout and MEET your calorie goals. Don't fall under them. It takes a few weeks for the program to kick in.
  • maygs
    maygs Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Slow is good, just don't stop. Even if it is one or two pounds a week at least you know you are seeing results. Keep it up and get great encouraging friends to help you through your journey ;)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Keep sodium 2400mg or less and drink a TON of water. Weigh first thing in the morning after you pee or go #2 if you can, with no clothes on, before you eat or drink anything. And stay with it!!! Start measuring now that you're just starting and re-measure every couple of weeks or every month. When the scale lies, the measurements don't!
  • Sj20fame
    Sj20fame Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    It took me 55-60 days to loose 7lbs, that was by working out about 4 times a week.... I loose half or 1 lb per week, it all depends on the weight you start with and how much you exercise, remember that muscle weighs too. As long as you keep working out and eating right you will see results, sometimes a little slower then other times, but it's our body constantly changing, and building muscle, don't get frustrated, just keep going! =D Instead of jumping on the scale take your measurements! It shows a difference in measurements!
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Everybody's different. Water weight can fluctuate a LOT. One morning I can weigh 3-6 pounds more than the next, and then it's gone the next day after that. I personally don't consider anything less than 6 weeks a plateau. Water can hide real losses for a while and then blammo, several pounds seem to come off overnight.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Slow is good, just don't stop. Even if it is one or two pounds a week at least you know you are seeing results. Keep it up and get great encouraging friends to help you through your journey ;)

And 1-2 lbs/week is not only safe for your body and your organs it is how you keep the weight off for good. Slow and steady!
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I didnt weigh myself the first 2 months. So far Ive lost 10 pounds in 3 months and Ive been losing an average of about 1/2 a pound a week. VERY slow for me, but its still something! Make sure you measure yourelf also!! Even though I only lost .6 of a lb this last week, I lost 1.5 inches off my waist! :happy:
  • aimeeturner
    aimeeturner Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Also remember that a woman's weight will fluctuate with her monthly cycle. When I was trying to lose, I would only weigh once a month at the same time of the morning on the same day of the month so that I could get an accurate number.
  • Sj20fame
    Sj20fame Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Also remember that a woman's weight will fluctuate with her monthly cycle. When I was trying to lose, I would only weigh once a month at the same time of the morning on the same day of the month so that I could get an accurate number.

This is very true! TOM will try to fool you on your scale, but wait till a week after TOM has left to weigh in ;)
  • Monanik
    Monanik Posts: 150
    Options
    If your able to do more cardio that will help and watch your calories! Just dont give up keep going!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!