One ingredient dairy-free ice cream!

corgifan
corgifan Posts: 155 Member
Hello all!

This has probably been posted before in some capacity, but I haven't seen a specific thread, so I thought I'd share.

Just as the title says, you can make dairy-free, low-fat, creamy frozen yogurt with one ingredient.

Bananas!

Seriously. Just slice a banana or two, freeze them, and them whip them up in your food processor. You'll need to scrape the bowl a bit, but it will get creamy. At first it will appear crumbly in texture, then it will ball up. Just keep at it. In 3-5 minutes you'll have creamy "frozen yogurt". You can re-freeze if you want to firm it back up (though I'm never that patient).

As for nutrition, just log however much banana you use and any toppings you include. I like adding a tbl of peanut butter, a couple chocolate chips, or sliced strawberries. TONS of options.

If you want pictures there are dozens of sites with how-tos. Just google "banana frozen yogurt."

Replies

• atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Lol, I saw this on google reader about a week ago. Hadn't tried it yet but already have some bananas in the freezer ready for dessert this evening :)
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    I do this and add a few sprinkles of cocoa powder...super yummy!
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Wow, very interesting. I also must add freeze the banana with no skin! I learned that the very hard way! LOL
  • Sounds Yummy, I'm going to try it...Thanks :happy:
  • awww i cant eat bananas
    too good to be true...
    but i bet others wil b helped...
  • Trans4mations
    Trans4mations Posts: 90 Member
    Thanks for the tip! Will try it tonight!