contact lenses

Options
christine24t
christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
so i just got contacts today and i have a follow up appointment next week. i've noticed today that when i'm on the computer or doing something more up close, they're not the best, but when i am watching tv and doing things at a distance, they're great! is this normal, or is it something i need to bring up to my doctor next week? (my vision problem is that i cannot see things far away).

Replies

• jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I got contacts back in April and when I first got them I noticed that watching TV/presentations/working on the computer would make them a bit scratchy and uncomfortable after a while. I used a lot of eyedrops for the first month or so. After that, my eyes got totally used to them and I've had no problems since (touch wood!). No harm in mentioning it but I'd bet it's just the usual getting used to new stuff thing. (I'm also short-sighted).
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    so i just got contacts today and i have a follow up appointment next week. i've noticed today that when i'm on the computer or doing something more up close, they're not the best, but when i am watching tv and doing things at a distance, they're great! is this normal, or is it something i need to bring up to my doctor next week? (my vision problem is that i cannot see things far away).

I have to use reading glasses with my contact lenses, also...In fact, I am wearing them right now as I type...I am near-sighted, so my contacts really help with my farther away vision....I used to have mono-vision contacts where one lense was for far away and the other for closer...It helped a bit with the closer, however, I found they weren't that great for long distances, like when driving....
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    You should get used to them. If it doesn't get better by next week, I would mention it to your doctor. I have been wearing contacts for 20+ years. They didn't have computers back then,(haaaaa, boy, am I old!) I don't remember having that issue with new ones, but I do remember getting head aches the first week. I think it was the fluorecent lights.
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    If you only need them for distance, that's why they are not clear when looking at things up close. I've been wearing contacts for over 20 years. You get used to it.
  • froggy1057
    froggy1057 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Guess what??? I'm an Optician. Depending on your age, you should adjust. I would definitely bring it to your dr's attention if you don't adjust. You definitley see different with contacts. If you're still struggling after a few days, call the office and tell them. It's important that you tell them at what distance, you're having trouble seeing. Measure from your nose to your monitor. The prescription can be altered to accomodate. Good Luck!:flowerforyou:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Guess what??? I'm an Optician. Depending on your age, you should adjust. I would definitely bring it to your dr's attention if you don't adjust. You definitley see different with contacts. If you're still struggling after a few days, call the office and tell them. It's important that you tell them at what distance, you're having trouble seeing. Measure from your nose to your monitor. The prescription can be altered to accomodate. Good Luck!:flowerforyou:

Thank you everybody and especially you, you came in handy lol!!