How long did it take you to see noticable results?

Options
I have just uploaded a picture of me one month and 3kg down but I can't really tell if there is a difference. Feel free to have a look at my profile and tell me what you think.

How long or how much weight did you lose before you saw a change in the appearance of your body?

Replies

• Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    3 months. I didn't sweat it. I knew it took time for me to put on the weight. So I figured it would take time to take it off as well. Good luck!
  • anamikaraks
    anamikaraks Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am down around 19 Lbs now and I still don't see it. My skirts hang longer in the back now, but that's it. That said, my family and friends all see a difference. Maybe we really are our own harshest critics?
  • carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference! You look fantastic!! It took me about 5 months and 20+ lbs to see a difference.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    It took about 20 lbs for me to notice a difference. That was about 5 months for me.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Probably about 20 lbs is when I started to notice....
  • prettyash76
    Options
    In the past it has taken me 20 pounds to see a difference. I'm at 12 now and I feel a difference. My face is thinner and my pants are longer, but in order for anyone else to see it takes about 20 pounds for me.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Yesterday my friends said they noticed a difference...but they know I'm trying to lose weight so they might have been exaggerating for encouragement. My boyfriend on the other hand said he definitely noticed a "small" change when I lost 10lbs and hadn't seen me for 2 weeks. So idk haha.
  • krystlpierce
    krystlpierce Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I started really noticing at about 10lbs when my work clothes started getting looser in the thighs. At the point I started my journey I was almost having to buy new (bigger) clothes- but that was NOT an option because 1: no money.. and 2: no way in h*** was I buying extra large!! lol so yea, they started getting looser at 10 pounds. At this point I'm 19 pounds down and besides work clothes getting baggier I don't really notice anything except my shins and calves getting more toned :)
  • aerodynamicvomit
    aerodynamicvomit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It took about 20 lbs. After 20 everyone at work commented on how good I looked... and I still have plenty to go.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    People noticed quickly on me..10 or 15 pounds which was a little over a month, but I lost in my face at the beginning. I didn't notice on myself until I lost almost 40 pounds and that was because we took a family photo. It seems easier to see the difference if you compare pictures. I guess looking at ourselves in the mirror everyday makes the changes less noticeable.
  • Bluejay789
    Bluejay789 Posts: 176
    Options
    15 pounds for me. I had lost 8 before I found this website. I lost it in my face first and that is what people are telling me. Amazing that it took 15 pounds for people to notice. Of course people who see you every day will not notice until you loose a lot of weight. I figure I will need to drop 30 to get the people I work with to notice but that's okay because I feel better. Hang in there and do not give up. If you need support I will be glad to cheer you on. Claire... my user name is Bluejay789 feel free to friend me. I could use the support too.
  • Kathy_Noring
    Kathy_Noring Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I've lost 10 and I can see it in my face, neck, and bust when I look in the mirror. I don't think the difference is particularly noticeable to anyone else yet, though, so I don't think I would see a big difference in photos.
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I'm down 25ish pounds and I still don't see it. hah My family supposedly does though. I don't know if they really do or if they just say they do since they know I'm losing weight.
  • DancingVe
    DancingVe Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    About 10 lbs for people to start saying that my face looked thinner, but about 15 lbs for me to really start seeing a difference in my body.
  • zookeeperjess
    Options
    I am nearing 20 lbs lost and I can really tell the difference now. Highly suggest taking pictures every week to show the progress. It helps keep me motivated!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    20 lbs is when I first noticed a big difference.
  • pMalak
    pMalak Posts: 41
    Options
    ive lost 8 lbs and my friend who i didnt see for couple months told me that my legs are def thinner and my body just seems to be sized down, and that i look great.

i guess it depends, also the way you carry yourself, when you are confident they notice it a little faster.

dont worry, people are noticing, some are scared to ask bc they dont wanna offend...

good job!!!
  • jtabor31
    jtabor31 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am down 22 lbs and I don't notice a difference, yet. My husband notices, though, so I'm happy with that for now
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I could notice at 10lost but everyone else started to notice around 20pounds
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I notice more the inches then the weight. When my pants start falling off, I feel GREAT! :) It takes a few months to feel better though.. Message me if you wanna chat!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!