back to social work I go

I need friends who are in the human services busisness who needs friends. Child Protective service is very stressful and since I am getting laid off I am heading back. I am worried that changing back to CPS will kill my weight loss.

Replies

• momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Hi,

Not in CPS, but on the Court's side - but totally understand your line of work~! worked Juvenile for 6 years... friend me if you like!

L.
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Keep up your exercise. It's a great stress reliever. I know there have been a few times when I was really stressed out or angry, frustrated, disgruntled (you name it) and I channeled that energy into a great workout. I felt so much better afterward.

Hang in there! YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    I am not a social worker but have been on the other side and understand how stressful it can be. We did fostercare for 7 yrs and adopted 3 kids out of the fostercare system. So I have had alot of experience dealing with the system.friend me if you want.......and hang in there you can do it. You need to find something to replace eating when you are stressed. I have found that getting out of the house and walking helps to clear me head and give me some alone time.........