Spinning

Options
I recently found a love of spinning. Is it a good idea to spin everyday? I started on Saturday and now I'm hooked, but I'm super sore. Just curious!

Replies

• brittg7
    brittg7 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    do whatever makes you feel good...if your body can take the abuse why not? if it cant then dont...its trial and error and you wont know until you try...its is different for every person
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    I wouldn't go again until you are less sore, or work in other exercises that target different areas until you are up to spinning again. At my most I did spinning 3x/week.
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    only problem with every day is you'll eventually adjust to it and it won't do you as much good as far as burning calories. Make sure to mix up your workouts and not over do it.

and i agree, spinning is really fun especially with a good instructor :)
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I would say you risk burn-out but I'm not a fan of spinning. If I'm on a bike I really want to go somewhere. :bigsmile:
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I heard you need to rest some to give your body a chance to recuperate.
  • Carlton_Banks
    Carlton_Banks Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    If you are just now discovering Spinning as a good way to workout, I can understand your excitement. I've been doing it for several years. I've never done it daily though, I usually mix in some trail running, weight training, and cardio machines at the gym. At most, I may do Spinning 4 times during a week. At home, I use the Spinervals DVD series. The DVDs can provide you with an endless number of interval sets to choose from that will focus on multiple energy systems. So, it's possible you could get some variety built into a daily Spinning routine. My favorites are the hill simulation and high cadence spins because they burn the most calories in the shortest period of time. Also, my gym offers free Spinning classes, I find that working out with others sometimes makes me push myself harder and adds a little more variety to my Spinning workouts.
  • SCentanni
    SCentanni Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your feedback! I appreciate it! I think I'll stick with every other day for now :)