Mumbai India

Options
sugartwist01
sugartwist01 Posts: 32
edited September 2022 in Chit-Chat
Lets please keep the people of Mumbai India in our thoughts and prayers. This is a horrible tragedy and we shouldn't ignore it just because it didn't happen to us. Just to put this in perspective, hundreds of children have lost their parents and some have even lost their own lives. Think about your kids, your parents, your loved ones and this holiday we just celebrated. Make sure you let everyone know you love them.

Replies

• sugartwist01
    Options
    Lets please keep the people of Mumbai India in our thoughts and prayers. This is a horrible tragedy and we shouldn't ignore it just because it didn't happen to us. Just to put this in perspective, hundreds of children have lost their parents and some have even lost their own lives. Think about your kids, your parents, your loved ones and this holiday we just celebrated. Make sure you let everyone know you love them.
  • sugartwist01
    Options
    Just a sad note to add Alan and Naomi Scherr, father and daughter were among the victims killed at a restaurant in Mumbai India, these 2 people lived an hour away from me in Faber Virginia, they leave behind Alan's wife and 2 brothers :(
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    That is so sad. May God give them a place in heaven. Please pray for all the people who lost their lives.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Can anyone explain to me what started the attacks?
    I realize this is terrorism, so it's not likely rational, but what spurred this on.
    Was this like our 9/11 attacks? I know they attacked the financial district and luxury hotels, which is why I've drawn that conclusion.

It's so sad. Hatred and violence and torture and untimely death is NOT how we were meant to be here on earth. Live and let live. :frown:
  • sugartwist01
    Options
    I realize this is terrorism, so it's not likely rational, but what spurred this on.
    Was this like our 9/11 attacks? I know they attacked the financial district and luxury hotels, which is why I've drawn that conclusion.

It's so sad. Hatred and violence and torture and untimely death is NOT how we were meant to be here on earth. Live and let live. :frown:

From what I've been seeing on the news it seems that this terrorist organization is looking for publicity, in order to get their name known. They went into this knowing they wouldn't live but were so influenced that they didn't see it as dying in vain. It's so sick and twisted!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

From what I've been seeing on the news it seems that this terrorist organization is looking for publicity, in order to get their name known. They went into this knowing they wouldn't live but were so influenced that they didn't see it as dying in vain. It's so sick and twisted!

:frown: :cry: :frown: :cry: :brokenheart: :frown: :cry: :frown: :cry: :brokenheart: :frown: :cry: :frown: :cry: :brokenheart:
  • sugartwist01
    Options
    I'm seeing now that 40 terrorists were involved, 29 Pakistanis, and 11 Bangladeshis, they allegedly hijacked a ship a couple of weeks ago and have been planning this for several months. People need to understand that this is the equivalent of our 9/11......do you remember how you felt that day?
  • sugartwist01
    Options
    There is a website for the father and daughter from Virginia killed, please visit AlanandNaomi.com
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing now that 40 terrorists were involved, 29 Pakistanis, and 11 Bangladeshis, they allegedly hijacked a ship a couple of weeks ago and have been planning this for several months. People need to understand that this is the equivalent of our 9/11......do you remember how you felt that day?

I read something about a hijacked ship. Oh, that's so sad. May God grant them peace. :heart:
  • ceedee22ed
    Options
    You know what gets me? (Oh oh, i feel a strong heartfelt venting coming on.....)
    Ok, I understand (however I do not condone) the whole thing that terrorist groups promote harming/destroying those who do not share their beliefs or succumb to their requests. but (perfect example: 9/11) how in the heck they find any logic in killing and then saying they did it in the name of God I will never understand...its just not logic. i don't know what motive these dudes think they have (religious, political or otherwise) but it is just sinful. shame on them. :explode: :explode: :explode:
    Whats more...they do not realize that as a terrorist group they can only terrorize a group they can harm...but they cant take on the entire world...(and once again, 9/11!) so AlQaeda believes that wiping out the USA or converting the US citizens to islam ( no offense intended to the islamics, im sure we can all agree that terrorism takes a good thing to a dark measure) but harming the USA and its alliances will not make any changes in the world, it only ruins their own image, pushes people away and proves to be a huge waste, and not to mention the harm to the victims and their families. The USA has not changed its religious following nor its beliefs in general after 9/11...we just became more cautious. Terrorism is a doomed following...a terrorist may think they are achieving something by taking lives but they are not achieving anything in the world and only damning their souls...now THAT my fellow dieters/healthy eaters is TRULY a losing battle
This discussion has been closed.